Chapter 15

I began to regret my decision immensely.. Here I was in my carriage with Ciel and Darian beside me. "You look nervous." Ciel said. I smiled dryly. "I'm not." I lied. Ciel saw right through me but instead of preasuring me further. He simply kept his mouth shut. Soon the carriage stopped in front of a lavish mansion. I felt a hint of nostalgia come to me when I was outside. Ciel walked beside me into the main room. I looked at everything taking in the beautiful Crystal chandelier over head, the different colors of soft baby blue, pearl white, and gold. Everyone was dressed in different softer colors that made me feel as though I stood out with my gown of pitch black and white. I descended the stairs with a regal look. "Cloudia!" I heard a familiar deep voice say. I looked up and smiled at the person who called me. There he was Arthur Lindbergh. He was a truly handsome man with curly vermellion hair, sea foam colored eyes, and sun kissed skin. He was a handsome tall muscular god of a man. Me and him were childhood friends and I was a bit surprised that he was here. "Arthur how wonderful to see you." I said and he smiled swooping in to hug me close. I allowed him to for I was still a bit frazzled and nervous to see my ex lover after all of these years. "You look gorgeous Cloudia." He said. I smiled flattered at the compliment. "Why thank You Arthur." I smiled and pulled away. I felt a slight tug and I turned and looked to see Darian there looking at me. "Oh yes Arthur, I'd like you to meet my son, Darian." I said. Arthur smiled and looked down to my son. "Hello Darian. It's nice to meet you." Arthur said Darian his best smile. Darian looked at a bit uncertain. "I believe this is yours." Arthur said pulling a lollipop from his pocket and offering it to him. Darian's uncertainty ran away as well as he did as soon as he grabbed the sweet. Me and Arthur chuckled. "So where is the couple of the hour?" I asked. "I have no idea, but I think I'll enjoy the party more now that you're here my darling ." Arthur said taking my arm. I smiled and shook my head. He lead me to the dance floor. Where we began to waltz. Our bodies moved together perfectly. My small hands fit in his massive ones. To anyone else they would've thought we were practically made for eachother. Though I wished that my arms were around my darling lover. Thinking of them always reminded me of something someone once said. Loving you was the best form of self destruction. Which was true in a lot of ways.
"They have arrived." Arthur said when our dance was over. I felt shocked and looked around until I saw them. There was my ex lover, the one who left me with promises to write, half promises, and sweet kisses.

There she was.

She hadn't changed a bit since we were young. She still had that beautiful long wavy golden hair, porcelain pale skin with rosy cheeks, and those beautiful deep dark brown eyes. She wore a soft pink dress that looked very pretty on her. Hell she could wear rags ,they'd still look great on her.
Beside her was her fiance Victor, he looked handsome yes, but he looked very cold with his jet black hair ,tanned skin, and icy light green eyes. He wore a tuxedo. "So do you want to go over?" Arthur asks. "No not right now." I said and he nodded. "C'mon let's go sit down." Arthur said and led me to table and pulled out a chair for me. "I'll go get you some food." Arthur said smiling at me. I smiled back. He walked off while I looked at Angelique. She looked happy enough, well taken care of, and she had certainly bloomed since the last I saw of her. Yet I couldn't help feeling a bit upset. I looked away when she turned her head in my direction. "Excuse me Ms.Phantomhive may I have a moment of your time?" I heard. I looked up and there was the man of the hour Victor Andreas.

Fuck my life.