Chapter 17

"Cloudia.." she said.

I turned toward her. I felt very conflicted with myself, one part of me wanted to forgive her while the other wanted to yell at her. I kept my composure and simply said, "Congratulations on your engagement." She smiled and then looked at me with a sad look in her eyes." I honestly didn't want this... my mother-" she started to say but I scoffed. " I don't care." I said and looked away. She was soon beside me . It was silent and only one question was in the air, that neither of us wanted to grab since it would open up a old wound. "Well I'm sure he makes you happy.." I said looking up at the night sky. She didn't answer..and honestly I didn't expect her to. Or maybe I didn't want her to since it felt as if my heart was breaking all over again. "I should go, it was nice to see you again Mrs.Andreas. I wish you only happiness." I said and turned away walking away to the door back to the party. Until I felt a hand grab my wrist. I turned in time and then out of nowhere I felt lips against mine. It felt familiar...and I almost succumbed to my desires, but I pulled away.
"Cloudia I-" she started but I didn't want to hear anymore.
" I'm sorry." I said and dashed into the ballroom and I just kept running. "Cloudia?" I heard but I didn't look back. I kept running out through the doors and into the night. I soon fell to my knees and t
That's when I broke, I let all of my tears come out and just sobbed.

"Are you really going to sit there and cry like a baby?" I heard a voice say.
I looked up and saw a very familiar voice. I wiped my tears away sniffling a bit. "Get up and stop acting weak you're the Queen's butterfly." He said and I did as I was told. I simply stood up and rose my head up with dignity. He was right after all, I was the Queen's butterfly! Why was I crying about a childish love from the past. She had moved on. Though a part of my heart hurt at that thought. I pushed it away

" Thank you Ash. I needed those words." I said looking at the white haired man in front of me who smiled.
He nodded.