Chapter 5

Me and Darian got settled into the manor pretty well. It felt odd having a child but he was quiet, respectable, and a bit strange. He was warming up to me little by little each day. Yet now that we were in my father's manor I went about accruing a worthy staff.
The first one I met by chance one dreary night when I was doing a assignment for the queen. He looked as though he'd escaped from some sort of lab. I don't know why I did it but I offered him a place in my mansion. I didn't know of his power until a assassin tried to kill me. He squished the man like a bug. His only response was and I qoute "He was trying to hurt you mistress. I didn't know what else to do." He said crying. I simply held the boy. My 2nd servant I met on a visit to my mother. He was a wounded soldier resting up with nothing to his name. I offered him a job as my cook. He accepted.
My 3rd servant was a girl I met during one of my assignments. I was told to have her killed or taken care of. Yet she was too impressive a ally to get rid of and if faith would have it she also wanted a 2nd chance at life.

My servants were a bit like extended family to me. I loved them all, I loved my home , and I loved my child. I just didn't expect after that after 3 years of a prosperous run of making money for the company and solving cases that I'd get odd company.

On a nice Febuary day in noon. My aunt Francis came to visit me.
"Hello Cloudia." She said sweetly. Almost too sweet for my taste. "Hello Auntie Dearest. Do you wish to stay for some tea?" I asked. She gave me that same sweet smile. We sat in the drawing room with a nice Earl gray tea. "You've made quite  a name for yourself." She said. I nodded. "Yes I know I've been working hard." I responded. "Wonderful. Cloudia I'm just going to be serious with you since you're not like Lizzy." She finally said getting to the point. "I'm listening." I said. "Good. I wish for you to marry my son." She said. I nearly spit my tea out. "Exscuse me?" I asked shocked. "Ciel was supposed to marry Lizzy and our families were to become merged but sadly Ciel is gone. You are a Phantomhive, the Queen's butterfly , the guard dog , and the heiress to the funtom company. With your marriage to my son it will advance your status higher." She said yet I could see her real intentions. She wanted a higher position in society, maybe something to gloat about. I smirked behind the teacup. 'If this is the game you wish to play aunty dearest let us begin.' I thought.
"The thought has crossed my mind a few times, I must admit." I said. She smiled thinking she'd won. "Yet I must admit, I have many engagements and suitors who would elevate my status much more and my place in my society as well. There is a prince who has caught my interest I must say. He fancies me as well." I said smiling watching her sweet smile turn into a frustrated strained and fake one. "Of course. Well do please contact me when you change your mind." She said putting her cup down. I smiled gleefully since I'd won this game. "Of course. Goodbye Aunty Dearest." I said. "Childish woman." She mumbled. I gave her a cold challenging look. She looked away and walk off.