Chapter 16

I smiled though in my mind I wanted to kill this man..yet I refrained after all I didn't want to stain the carpet. He was airing a aura of self confidence that reminded me of a peacock. "Was there something you required Mr. Andreas ." I asked . "May I have this dance?" He asked and despite my distaste of him I nodded. Once on the dance floor however he held me a bit too close. "I must admit something Cloudia." He said. I looked at him. "What?" I asked. "I was the one who invited you here." He said. " why?" I asked. "I've been attracted to you for a long time...yet you never turned my way. I wish for you to be mine until my marriage to Angelique. Then I'll let you go butterfly." I felt shocked and disgusted. Soon the music ended and Victor pulled away. "You don't have to answer now. I'll send for you later." He said and gave me a charming smile. Soon he walked off. "Answer what now?" I turned and saw Ciel by my side looking at me oddly. I avoided his gaze and grabbed a glass of wine off of a passing servants tray. "Just a business decision." I said as I took a sip. "It must've been a delightful business decision for him to hold you like that on the dance floor." He said and I nearly spit my drink out. But I refrained and decided to play his game. " Is that a hickey on your neck?" I said smirking behind my glass as Ciel flushed bright red like a tomato and fixed his collar. I chuckled.
Soon a tinging like sound filled the air and we both turned our attention on the source of it.
"Ladies and Gentlemen thank you so much for coming to the engagement party of my beautiful daughter Angelique and my dashing future son in law Victor." Said a rotund man that was dressed in the nines with a white long beard and olive green eyes that shined with warmth.
" I'm so glad that so many have come. Why we're even blessed with the presence of both the Queen's guard dog and her butterfly are in attendence." He said. Soon everyone looked in me and Ciel's direction.  There were whispers and looks of awe in the crowd.  I kept my head up and gave a curtsey. I felt  Angelique looking at me.. Yet I didn't  return her look.
"Now everyone enjoy the festivities. Let's toast to the beautiful couple of the evening!" He said gulping down his drink in one fell swoop. I drank my drink slowly and made slight eye contact with my first love. "Ciel I'll be right back, if you could can you find Darian?" I said as I place my glass down on the table. I moved sneakily to the garden.. and I looked at the roses feeling the dredge of nostalgia hitting me.
I soon heard the door close quietly behind me yet I already knew who it was..
"Hello Angel."