Chapter 3

"What's that smell, Bella?" Lenny asked suspiciously and looked around the room. We have been sitting on the couch talking for 45 minutes. I told him I had things to do, but he wasn't having any of it. He was intent on gossiping all evening.

"What smell?" I asked and sniffed the air. It smelled exactly as it usually did.

"It smells like a hot guy." Lenny stood up. My eyes widened remembering who else was in my house. I grabbed Lenny's wrist and tried to sit him back down.

"There isn't anyone here but you and me," I lied as I bit my lip.

"You're biting your lip. You're lying. There must be a hot guy in here somewhere." Lenny started going through a cabinet, then he moved on to the kitchen. When he finally went to my room, as soon as he opened the door, Hunter was standing there looking at one of my pictures. Hunters eyes met mine for a quick second before looking right at Lenny.

"Oh my god! You're Hunter King! I knew I smelled hotness in your apartment Bella!!!" Lenny exclaimed excitedly and pointed at Hunter.

"You can't smell hotness, Lenny." I sighed.

"I can so! How can you explain what I just found?! This," he gave Hunter a once over, "hot piece of meat in your room."
Lenny paused for a moment and then his head turned to me. "Why is he in your room?" Lenny asked and looked back at me.

"well, you see-"

"Oh my goodness gracious are you fucking him?" Lenny asked. "That is like mine and every girl's dream. I think I'm going to die." He fanned himself and pretended to look like he was gonna faint.

"No, we aren't. He's just- uh is visiting?" I looked over at Hunter hoping he would say something, but he was just watching this whole thing unfold.

"Visiting to fuck you!" He smirked and winked at Hunter. "Can I have him when you are done?"

"Lenny, first of all, we aren't fucking. He just showed up here and- ugh." I threw my arms in the arm. Lenny put his hand up signaling for me to shut the fuck up.

"It's ok Bella, no need to explain yourself. I already understand everything. I'll leave you two." Lenny strutted out of the room no doubt with a smile on his face. I waited to say anything until I heard the front door shut.

"Is he your friend?" I nodded, embarrassed by this whole situation.

"I really don't know how. We are almost complete opposites." I grabbed the photo out of Hunter's hands and set it back on my side table.

"You know for your income your room is decent." He looked around the room before returning his attention to me.

"Excuse me? My income? I think you should leave, " I put one hand on his shoulder and started guiding him out.

"You trapped me in a room for an hour give me something here," he said as we reached the front door.

"You need to leave. I am trying to keep myself from not getting killed also." I took my hand off his shoulder and opened the door. When I did, my eyes locked with another man. He was standing right outside my door ready to knock.

"Ryan." The hatred I have for him clear in my voice. "what do you want now?"

He comes back every month or so and drops off a hundred or so. I am thankful for that, but I really don't want his money. After everything he has done, a few hundreds won't and can't make up for it.

"I just came to drop off my monthly payment," he said and handed me a crumpled up hundred.

"You and my parents put me here so leave. I don't want your money."