Chapter 53

"So Bella what are you wearing for this prom?" Hunter asked and leaned back on my bed.

"I don't even know."

"Got any ideas?"

"This one and this one." I held up two dresses.

"I think you'd look better in that one, but since this is my brother's prom wear the uglier one."

"That's so mean."

"Exactly Amore." I rolled my eyes and looked at the dresses. I walked over to the full body length mirror and stood in front of it. I put the first dress over my body. Then switched.

"I don't know. I don't think I am cut out for this. Who takes a 22-year-old to their prom? Definitely not me."

"He isn't expecting anything out of it. He just wanted a date, and he didn't have the courage to actually ask a girl. He such a wuss."

"Yeah, and you definitely tell every girl what you are thinking. Every guy is a wuss including you."

"We are not, and I definitely am no wuss."

"Sure." I put both dresses back in the closet. "I think I am just going to go buy one. I'll be back in an hour or two." I put my shoes on and grabbed my purse.

"I'm coming." He stood up too and put his shoes on. He left the room and came back with car keys. I grabbed the keys from his hands.

"Nope. I can go by myself."

"Well-"

"Just get in the car with me Hunter."

...

"I think I like this one." I held up one dress. Hunter looked up at it and his face showed disgust.

"I hate it put it back."

"But-"

"Put it back. Get something less... that." At least he's honest, it wasn't even that pretty anyway.

...

"I am buying this one and you have no say whatsoever." I walked away from Hunter and to the register.

"Hello did you find everything you want?" I nodded with a smile, and I set the dress on the counter

I sensed Hunter standing right behind me. When the girl saw him she fixed her shirt. Typical.

"Are you with her?" The girl asked as she scanned the price tag.

"I am." He answered and wrapped his arm around me.

"There are a few sales I can give you guys," She looked at both of us with a look in her eye. "if you want it of course" she made sure to look at hunter as she carefully packaged the dress.

"Not a chance."

"Why not?" She pouted and stuck her bottom lip out.

"Because."

"Because why?" She asked and stared at him seductively. I grabbed my dress off the counter still watching the scene unfold.

"I have a girlfriend already and you're not even close to my type." The girl was upset. I knew it, but Hunter just had the same neutral face on.

She stayed quiet her bottom lip quivering. She was just about to burst. Then all at once, she started weeping and sobbing louder than I don't even have a comparison.

"Well have a nice day bye," I said quickly and awkwardly as I walked away. Hunter followed behind me. When we made it out of the store, Hunter started laughing.

"That never gets old sometimes."

"Hunter you made her cry and you lied."

"She deserved it. She can't be flirting with me in front of my girlfriend." He smiled and put his hand on mine.

"Where to?" I asked ignoring his actions. He just laughed and said home.

...

"So tell me about yourself, Bella," Ann said as we all sat around the dinner table. Mr. King wasn't here surprisingly. I was half glad about that. I didn't have any jokes to tell him this time.

"Well if you didn't know already I model. I don't even know how Mathew knows about me. I didn't know boys read into the stuff I model about."

"Are you kidding me? Hunter comes home and leaves your magazines everywhere." Mathew said. I looked over at Hunter and laughed.

"Mathew." Hunter glared at Mathew across the table.

"Yes, dear brother?"

"Be quiet."

"I'm good but thanks for the recommendation. So Bella next week for prom we are going in this sick limo. And then I have a few family friends who are going to help roll out a red carpet for you."

"That's a little extra," Hunter commented. I agreed with him.

"Ok, then I guess we'll cancel the red carpet. But we are keeping the limo and the confetti guns."

"No confetti guns Mathew. We could just be like everyone else and walked into the building as normal people do."

"I guess we could do that. Did you pick out a dress Amore? Can I call you Amore?"

"No" "Yes," Hunter and I both said at the same time.

"No he cannot that is my thing, Amore. My. Thing."

"Ok, I get it. You claimed her. Don't go all Werewolf on me." Mathew said and put food in his mouth.

...

Days later...

"My dad is coming back today," Hunter said as he sat down on the chair near my bed.

"Ok." I turned on my laptop and sat back.

"I was just warning you. He hasn't been in the greatest mood. He and Mr. Carter had a little argument on their business trip together. Let's just say the deal they were trying to make definitely did not go as planned."

"Well, I'll make him smile. I am good at that. Remember last time. Ahh, good times."

"Bella I don't think that is a good idea."

"Well, I'll do it anyway. Maybe he needs something to spice up his life."

•Edited•