Chapter 58

When I woke up, no one was with me anymore in my room. I called for the nurse because what else was I supposed to do? Sit here and do nothing? No thanks. The nurse came right away thinking something was wrong so I had to apologize and say I was bored. Stupid I know but she helped.

She brought me something to snack on and found the remote to the TV. I started watching some weird show because it looked interesting. Halfway through the show, the door opened revealing Hunter.

"Oh hey, Hunter." I greeted. He just nodded and went straight for the couch beside my bed. He sat down not saying a word. What is wrong with him? I turned the TV volume down. "Is something wrong Hunter?" I asked. He still didn't say anything.

"Bella..."

"What?"

"Never mind." I shook my head and turned my attention back to the TV. I turned the volume back up to a reasonable volume. I opened my third Jello and started eating it.

...

"Oh my Lordy lord lord. Bella why didn't you call me and tell me you almost got killed?!" Meadow shouted over the phone. I pulled the phone away from my ear because her voice was very screechy today.

"What part of I almost died don't you understand. I can't exactly say. 'Wait a minute let me call my friend and tell her I'm about to die.'"

"You could have asked for one call."

"Well I'm alive and that is all that matters."

"Well not really but yeah you being alive is important." I rolled my eyes.

"So how is your boyfriend. Whatever his name is because I can't remember?"

"He is good. Great actually. Last night you know what we did?"

"Meadow I don't want-"

"We-"

"Bye Meadow." I hung up before she could respond. I instantly called Lenny after. Maybe he has something interesting to talk about. "Hey, Lenny."

"Hi"

"How are you doing"

"Good."

"I'm good too thanks for ask-"

"If you answered any of those you are truly dumb. Bye babes call me after the beep-"

Beeeep

"Lenny you're a little piece of shit you know that but I can't stay mad at you. Anyways call me back sometime." I left the message and then threw my phone on the bed. I laid back. This is gonna belong.

...

I was let out of the hospital a few days ago but I am on house arrest according to Hunter. He leaves me here and expects me to stay in one place. He must not know me very well.

I got up and grabbed my crutches. I made my way to my door and opened it. I peeked out the door and came face to face with Peter.

"Peter? What are you doing here?" I asked and opened my door more.

"I am here to make sure you don't leave." I huffed. "Hunter knew what you would do Bella. He knows a lot actually. It surprised me when he actually graduated high school and passed kindergarten." I laughed at the last park.

"Can I leave the room at least?" I asked.

"You're on house arrest, not room arrest come on, but be careful. If you die it is on my hands and Hunter would strangle me with his bare cold hands." He pretended to be Hunter and strangled the air pretending it was a person. We made our way into the living room where I sat on the couch.

"Want anything to eat? I know how to call for taking out." He said and pulled out his phone.

"Chinese?"

"Ok. What do you want?"

...

"This is so good." I moaned.

"No need to yeah that. You are eating not having sex." Peter said looking over at me.

"I wasn't moaning in that way idiot. You've never had food that is so good that you just want to you know." I took another bite and moaned.

"No." He looked at me weirdly.

"You're weird."

"I know." The front door opened and Hunter came in. He threw his suit jacket on the kitchen table and whatever was in his hands also. He came over to the couch and sat next to me. "What's up with you? Did the automatic stapler in the printer not work today so you had to do it by hand?" Peter asked. Hunter just groaned and then looked over at the food. He snatched a piece of my chicken and put it in his mouth before I could smack his hand.

"My food! You food stealer." He just groaned in response. "Stop being Groot and answer me like you always do."

"I'm starving."

"Well get off your ass and get some."

"But yours is better." He said and stole another piece of chicken.

"Mine is the exact same thing that is in the bag. There is a smaller container of it." I pointed to the bag on the coffee table in front of the couch. He groaned and sat up. He grabbed the bag off the table and rummaged through it before pulling out the smaller container. He held it out in front of me. I looked down at it and furrowed my eyebrows together. "Well eat it. It's yours now." He pushed it towards me. "What do you want now?" He looked down at my food and then at what was in his hand. I groaned in annoyance. "Here." We switched containers. "You're such a baby."

"I know right Bella. He is such a baby like yeah." Peter said in a girly voice.

"Shut up," Hunter said as he ate.

...

"So Bella I was uh thinking-"

"You always think Hunter. Usually about girls but anyway what were you thinking about?"

"You should come back and work as my assistant."

"Big no."

"What why not? I even had your desk put in and your coffee machine to make my favorite coffee for me."

"What do you mean why not? I got shot three times in the leg and I have crutches."

"Yeah so? I'll be there and we can get you a wheelchair. So I'll give you three choices, yes, yes, or yeah I guess."

"Wasn't much of a choice King."

"Ok, Amore. I'll convince you then." He smiled and sat up ready to give his reasons.

"You clearly didn't think this through. I can't work with an injury therefore I cannot be your assistant again. If I wanted to that is."

"We'll see about that Amore."

•Edited•