RR::22

|Engraved in Ink|
🌸 Part Two

Sitting quietly in the shop, feeling a rush of  anxiousness rush through him as Jungkook held his hand, Taehyung wondered if getting a tattoo was a good idea. "What design do you have in mind?" The brunette asks, running his thumb through the back of Taehyung's hand softly.

"I-i really don't know," he admits shyly. Jungkook chuckles and tries to think of a design. "Kook, mind reaching that folder?" Taehyung points towards the clear folder containing some tattoo styles.

Jungkook did what he was told and both looked for a design that would look good on Taehyung. "Wait, go backㅡno..yeah that one!"

It was a Hawaiian sun tribal tattoo. Taehyung found it very simple yet intriguing so why not choose this?

"Hyung, are you really sure that you want this? Won't your parents get mad? You do know that tattoos are permanent right? What if you regret this halfwaㅡ"

Taehyung kept looking at his fiance with an amused expression. Knowing Jungkook, the older assumed that he'd have one of his own. That meaning, he'd agree with him.

"You don't want me to have one?"

"No! It's just that...are you sure?"

The blonde paused for a moment, taking his time to think once again. Yes, his parents' would get mad if they found out what he's been doing to his body. After all the things he's done like dying his hair or getting piercings, having a tattoo was probably the worst.

But YOLO tho...

"I'm sure Jungkook."

"You don't want to get a fake one?"

Soon, the tattoo artist arrived with the prescribed materials and tools needed in the making of Taehyung's choice of design. The said blonde looks at Jungkook in disbelief. "I could get a fake one?!" He whispered as the younger choked in a laugh. "Too late hyung. The tools needed for a legit tattoo are all set now," Jungkook smirks devilishly.

A devil indeed

"Okay so this will hurt quite a bit. Since your design is small, it'll be over in no time," the artist reassures and started applying something onto his ankle (since he decided it'll look nice on his ankle instead of hand).

"Ah babe, it'll actually hurt a lot. Take it from me who's experienced this."

Shit

----

"I hate you for not informing me about the fake tattoos. Oh my fucking god, Appa will kill me!" Taehyung whines as they stepped out of the shop. During the process, Taehyung kept muttering colorful choices of words while holding onto Jungkook's hand as hard as he can. Jungkook even thought that his hand was broken once Taehyung let go.

"I thought you were sure about this!" Jungkook cackles as a light punch from Taehyung was aimed at his shoulder. The blonde sighed,looking at his ankle that was covered in plastic wrap, a slight smile graced his features after. "At least I did it," he chirped .

The younger looks at the now bubbly prince in front of him, his blonde hair all over the place because of the wind and he was slightly limping because of the tattoo. Jungkook wraps his arm around the older's waist to guide him to his car. "You did a great job back there. Such a strong fiance~" Jungkook teases causing Taehyung to beam.

"So I'm stronger than you now?"

"Bitch don't get ahead of yourself."

----

Both males have arrived at their home, the warm heat coming from the heater greeting them as they did so. Jungkook, being the cute inside bunny he is, throws his coat to who knows where and jumps toward the couch.

"Jungkook, you left your coat on the floor," Taehyung reminds, hanging his own dark brown coat on the holder. "Mhm! Hang it for me Tae," Jungkook orders, snuggling into the fluffy pillows on the couch. "The things I do for you," The older one mutters as he continued to whine about how he was getting married to baby instead of a seventeen year old male.

He plops himself down onto the couch as well, entangling his legs with Jungkook's own. Smooth circles were being rubbed into his arm, skin heating up at the younger's touch. "Tae, why did you seem so sad when we left your family residence?" Jungkook mutters softly.

Images from what he thought was forgotten came back into Taehyung's line of thought. His father had cancer, something that he knew for a long time but chose to ignore with the thought of him getting better overtook him.
He wasn't ready to be a king, not now. God knows how many times he's vomited in the washroom while practicing a speech he'd have to present infront of hundreds of people or even simple councilors.

Or even how many sleepless nights he's had trying to go over some (actually, all) of the paper work his father passed down to him. He couldn't rule anyoneㅡmuch less a whole kingdom or two, he can't. It isn't his nature to bossed around. He needed more time.

As if nineteen years weren't enough.

But you have Jungkook by your side...

"Appa won't be here for long. Everyone except for Taehee knows. He wanted me to se-secure the th-throne. I'll be corinated on my birthday, Jungkook! It's so near and I feel like I'm being strangled."

And here it was, one of Taehyung's breakdowns. Jungkook then realized that the boy he'd adore knew how to keep his mask on for long. The bubbly prince that he knew was just a fragile as him. They were a couple who'd love to keep their mask on and avoid taking it off.

"Being a king isn't all about ruling Taehyung. You're very determined and won't let a single task be unfulfilled. You know how to look at the bigger picture when it comes to assessing situations. They're a lot of loyal people looking up to you! And you have a kind heart. A king who knows how to rule yet heartless is nothing. You're just getting started babe. I know you can do it."

If Jungkook's father was here, he would be scolding him for not taking the opportunity to coax Taehyung into letting him have the throne. With a vulnerable Taehyung, a simple I could rule for you would be enough to gain the throne and protection from his biological father.

Fuck yall. Taehyung is my top priority now.

"You see this one Tae?" Jungkook rolls up his sleeves to show the tattoo on his right wrist. The tattoo was like the heartbeats that you could see on the hospital monitors. Taehyung tries to wipe his tears in order to see the intricate design.

"I got this when I was fifteen. Whenever I look at it, it reminds me that I'm alive and that I can do anything. Hyung, this is just another challenge that you need to face. When I met you, I've never felt so alive. This tattoo right here also symbolizes my love for you," The younger wipes Taehyung's tears with his thumb, noses already touching.

Taehyung was silent for a moment or two, making Jungkook think that he'd overdone the explanation.

I messed up. Oh god

The thoughts were soon vanished when the blonde male places his hand on the back of Jungkook's neck for a sweet kiss. No lust, no frustrationㅡjust a simple, sweet and passionate kiss.

"What would I do without you Kook? Thank you."