Don't Leave

{KEITH'S POV}

There was something about her; something special. I know I had just met her, but she intrigued me like a profound lyric would. I hadn't been remotely interested in anyone since Nicole, and not to say I was interested in Lacey in that way, but I saw myself being interesting down the line. i was indeed wanting to spend more time with her, and to get to know her. Even with me wanting to do this, she had seemed closed off, which meant it would be harder to get to know her. i of course didn't want to pressure her in any way, but I was so intrigued that I couldn't stay away. Here's hoping that she would come to dinner with me tonight. 

The day had slowly passed by. I didn't do much. i had written a song or two, and then got ready for dinner. It was a casual dinner, which meant I had to dress casual. I didn't want to scare her away. I had decided to wear black pants, a gray V-Neck and a leather jacket. It was my usual attire. In a way I was pretty nervous. She wasn't my girlfriend, but a part of me wanted her to be. There was something inside of me that felt guilty for thinking such a thought. I did  deeply love Nicole, and to say the divorce was hard would be an understatement. i wasn't really willing to talk about it until a few months back. It was as if we weren't a married couple when we were a married couple, so when we had decided to get a divorce it didn't really throw me off guard, but it still grieved my heart.  It had been a year since the divorce, and it was about time I had moved on, but with someone special. Lacey was special. 

The time for dinner was drawing near. My palms were getting sweaty. i took in a deep breath, locked up my house and drove over to the restaurant I had told Lacey to meet me at if she was even going to show up. Maybe that was the reason my nerves were on an all time high, because there was uncertainty if I was going to see her tonight. 

The drive to the restaurant was complete silent. The radio hadn't even calmed me down. if i can remember right, I hadn't been this nervous in a long time. My mustang pulled into the parking lot. Driving it into a parking spot, I had stopped for a moment, thinking about how the night was going to play out. Asking her to dinner was an excuse to see her again, but if she actually was to show up i would have no idea what to do. There was a little part of me that didn't want her to show up, but another part wanted her to. There were so many fears that had come into play. She was closed off, and I had my walls as well that might be hard to tear down. 

After a long moment of sitting there in thought, I had decided to head into the restaurant. Nervousness filled my body once again as I talked to the hostess. The hostess led me to a table by the water, which appeared to be romantically lit. The table wasn't in my agenda, but it was a nice view of the Nashville riverfront.

The waiter held off on serving until or if Lacey was going to show up. It had now been about an hour, and Lacey still wasn't there. Much to my disappointment, it was nearing 7:30. Leaving was an option, but I didn't want it to be. Waiting around for just a couple more moments, I began to get up from the table until I heard a familair voice. "Don't leave..." she whispered. I turned to see Lacey standing there.

She was beautiful; breathtakingly beautiful. 

(A/N: So this is really short, and it's probably not very good. I'm just trying to set the mood for this dinner. I want this dinner to be a key point in their relationship, where at least Keith starts to open up. It'll get better I promise. Part 2 of the dinner is coming up soon!)