My Heart Breaking pt.1

[LACEY'S POV]

The screaming was so violent. There was a calm before storm, and peace before the war. It didn’t last long the though. The war sounded like two cars crashing that had set off a chain reaction. I was so angry at the world; angry with everyone, especially him. I emptied my drawers and shattered a vase or two. My bag was filled with as many clothes as I could fit. Trusting him was a big mistake. All I wanted was my best friend back. I needed Aubrey more than ever. Keith attempted to stop me with his hand, but I ran passed him with tears pouring out of my eyes. I couldn’t even look at him. How could he? Why didn’t he tell me? Was I not good enough to know? He offered his excuses between the storm and the tears. He begged for forgiveness, as if I would take him back after everything. The bullet left the gun. What was he expecting? The damage had already been done. After everything I had been through with him, this was too much. He had been everything for so long, and to see that completely shatter like broken glass stabbed me like a knife. I couldn’t do this anymore. I just couldn’t.

 ***Three Weeks Earlier***

 Keith and I had been dating for a couple of months now. He was on tour for those two months, but we were really good about seeing each other as much as possible. During that time he had encouraged me to work more on my music. I, most definitely was not going to perform in front of anyone anytime soon, but he really had been helping me with my vulnerability. I loved knowing I could trust him with everything. I had written him a song as a surprise for him coming back to Nashville for a couple of weeks. I was sure that I was in love with him, but I had no idea how to verbalize it. I had only hoped the song would relay the message to him.

 The house was as clean as it had ever been, which would be a surprise in itself seeing as Keith was not the most organized in the bunch. I checked myself in the mirror one last time before heading to the airport to pick him up. I was doing a little better with my self-image, but all in all, I still thought of myself as average. Keith thought the complete opposite, which made me feel special. Without thinking too much about it, I hurried and rushed over to the airport to greet him. I couldn’t believe that he was finally coming home for a couple of weeks. Sunday and Faith were going to be here next week, and we had all this week to ourselves. It was going to be perfect.

 I had waited for a good 20 minutes before Keith arrived where I was meeting him. I couldn’t contain my excitement. I ran up to him with a squeal and hugged him tightly. “I missed you so much!!!” I shouted louder than I should have. Keith couldn’t help but chuckle as I planted a kiss on his lips. “You’re home!!”

 Keith kissed me once more and set me down. “I’m home and with you!”

 “Tell me everything, how’s tour??? I know we just saw each other like not long ago, but I’m just so excited that you’re here” I rambled 50 miles per hour.

 Keith chuckled shaking his head. “Tour is going great. I’m glad I’m here too.”

 I helped him with some of his luggage, and then we drove back to his house, which was where I was basically living while he was gone. I had felt more at home there than I did at my own house. After we pulled into the driveway, I escorted Keith into the house and waited for him to notice that I had cleaned. “Wow… it’s really clean in here” he added.

 “Just for you! Oh, and I made some dinner, and I also have another surprise for you” I said with excitement. The table was already set for two, as I pulled out the steak, vegetables, and mashed potatoes. My guitar was sitting in the nearby corner begging to be played. My plan was to eat dinner first, and then play it for him. Keith had gone to freshen up as I got everything together and made some final touches.