Chapter 8: That's a Deer

A/N: This chapter includes parts from the episode "Simon and Marcy". If you want a better visual of that, I recommend watching the episode.
———————————————————————————
   Simon helped you up. Now that you were standing, you realized the pain wasn't completely gone. At least you could walk. Simon helped you walk around while Marcy trotted behind you.

   You stopped walking and so did the others. A bunch of destroyed objects including a car laid in front of you. "Maybe there's something useful in here." Simon thought. You shrugged. "Worth a look. Marcy can you help us?" Marcy ran up to you on cue and begun searching.

   Simon opened a mailbox and Marcy leaned over his shoulder. She let out a shriek, which caused you to quickly run over to her. "Eww! It's a dead rat!" She pointed at a rotting rat corpse. The sight caused you to flinch. "Looks like we've got ourselves a new traveling buddy!" Simon joked. You shut the mailbox. "Stop it you two, before I vomit." You requested.

   You spotted a cassette tape. Simon rushed over to it and brought it to Marcy. "Hey Marcy, want to watch a movie?" He asked. Marcy nodded and the two of them stared at the tape for a solid 10 seconds. "Man... this is a boring movie. I liked the book much better!" He burst into laughter and so did Marcy. They were so cute.

   You began to move in their direction but collapsed onto the floor. Some nearby bushes rustled. Had you scared something in there? Simon rushed over to you and asked if your were okay way more than he should've. He looked at the bushes. "Guys, hide in the car." He muttered.

   You quickly took Marcy by the hand and hid inside the broken vehicle. "I'll be right back, ok princess?" Simon asked and kissed you on the forehead. Marcy gagged. "Gross..." you heard her whisper.

   Simon reached for the crown. "Oh no..." You thought out loud. He put the crown on his head and began to hover into the air. His hair and nose grew longer, which was new. He fired his ice blasts at the bushes and a brown animal emerged. A deer.

   You thought it was over. Simon was going to let the deer go, right?

   Simon begun to freeze the deer yelling "That's the last time you'll hurt a 7 year old girl and her parents!" That was it. You finally snapped. You shoved the car door open and stepped outside. "For the last time Simon, we aren't Marcy's parents! We aren't even married!" You yelled at him. Then Simon stopped and floated back to the ground. You pushed the crown off.

   Marcy ran out of the car and next to you. "Simon, you were floating in the air! You're changing!" She told him. Simon smiled. "Yeah? Did I look pretty fly?!" He asked. You frowned. His nose and hair shortened again. "I'm sorry... did I say something?" He asked.

   "Simon... you're forgetting..." You whispered, looking to the ground. Simon didn't hear you. "Hey Simon, what even is that?" Marcy asked, pointing to the frozen animal. "That's a deer." He said, and the three of you kept walking.