Chapter 17: There Might Be a Way

HECK YEAH! We're getting close to the end! I cannot wait to finish this thing!
———————————————————————————
   Ice King looked over at Marceline. "That was sweet." He said. Not really the response you were hoping for, but he was the Ice King after all.

   "I'm gonna head over to the Candy Kingdom. There's something I want to ask Princess Bubblegum about. It was amazing seeing you again, Marceline."
You said while heading to the door.
"Y/N," Marceline said. "Please call me Marcy."

...

   You arrived at the Candy Kingdom after a while. The ring had tried to stop you several times, which you only replied with "I have to do this. I'm bringing you back Simon, whether you want that or not." You walked past a banana guard. "Y/N, is it hard being with the Ice King?" He asked. You rolled your eyes.
"Can you weird mutations ever stop judging me?" You scoffed and walked into the castle.

   "Princess Bubblegum, may I have a moment of your time?" You called out. Bonnie came rushing down to greet you.
"Yes, what do you need?" She asked.
"You're a smart person right?" You began. "Because I need you to remove Simon's curse, and reduce our age back to the time we met. I do not want to be know as Simon and Y/N Petrikov: the 1,000 year old couple." Bonnie gave you a worried look.

   The princess kept asking you questions like "Are you sure you want to do this?" and "If I remove the magic and reduce the age, you both will eventually die." You stopped her. "This isn't the life he deserved." You said. "I'm going to make it right for him, and for me."

   Bonnie sighed. "Ok, there might be a way." She said. "You're going to need to bring me these items." P.B. wrote on a piece of paper and gave it to you.

   Magic Extraction (and Age Reduction)

~Ice King's crown, given not stolen.
~An item of the past, when you, Marceline and Simon roamed together.
~An item from three wizards
~Your engagement ring

   (Sorry about the last one, Y/N. I heard that you're having a wedding not long after, so hopefully it won't be that bad)

   "Thank you so much Bonnie." You said. "Because of this, I'm finally going to get my Simon back."

   P.B. called for her butler, who was peppermint. "Peps, can you find a room for Y/N to sleep in tonight? I worry about her walking home alone." The peppermint nodded and escorted you to a room. "Thanks man." You said. He smiled. "Good luck getting him back."

   You crashed onto your bed, not even bothering to change clothes. You just wanted sleep. You settled into the licorice blankets and dozed off.

   "Can you believe it Y/N? All of this because of a simple item." You nodded. Another one of your strange dreams, you thought.
"It truly is crazy." You replied.
"I guess we're gonna have to get used to this strange new world, aren't we?" The voice asked. Something was forbidding you from turning to look at the speaker. After looking around, you noticed you were at an after party.

   A small and old green elephant walked up to you. "Aww, congratulations. I'll make sure to bring some pies once in a while." She smiled.
"We'll be sure to visit as well, TT!" The other voice said. You heard the elephant whisper "Humans truly are special." The person wrapped his arm around you. "Thank you for doing this for me."

   You woke up and jumped out of bed. "Time to get those items." You said, while quickly shoving a bit of the candy wall into your mouth. "It's going to be hard on my own... so I'm definitely going to need help." You caught a look at the treehouse.

   "Finn and Jake."