Chapter 11: Is This Goodbye?

Simon took the ring out of its box. Yup, it was frozen. He placed it on your finger, and the temperature of the ring spread throughout your hand. It was not normal coldness though, it almost seemed supernatural. Probably another problem caused by the crown.

   "You ok, Y/N?" Simon asked worryingly.
"Yeah." You nodded. "My hand's just a little cold. Don't worry about it." Simon hugged you, and trotted around the area like an ecstatic child. Adorable. Marcy stepped out of the car. "Did you forget about me guys?" She joked.

   The next few days, Simon acted as if he were a small child waiting in line for a rollercoaster. Marcy had gotten sick of it, saying "How are you gonna even have a wedding? It's kind of the apocalypse."  Simon only replied with "we'll figure it out."

   Your hand was frigid. Small bits of ice even formed on it at times, and you had to pick it off yourself. Even with gloves, your hand was always cold. But there was no way you were taking that ring off.

   You woke up to Simon singing "Everything Stays" to Marcy. He didn't notice your awakening and kept singing. You still couldn't believe that you were looking at your future-husband. You'd have to get used to the name Y/N Petrikov, that's for sure.

   During the last verse of the song, you decided to join in. Simon stopped and let you finish the song. "Morning." He said, smiling. You waved and it begun to snow. "Of course. Stupid crown, ruining my Simon." You muttered.

   "So, any plans today?" You asked while searching around for shelter. You noticed a small house surrounded by trees. The three of you hopped inside. A sweet smell overcame you. "I guess someone was making apple pie when the bomb dropped. It's weird that the smell is still here." Simon noticed.

   "Hey Y/N and Simon, I made something for you!" Marcy handed a piece of paper to you. It was a drawing of both you and Simon holding hands, with the words 'Congrats!' scribbled inside a heart. It was the cutest thing you had gotten since Simon gave you a sappy love letter.

   This only got Simon even more excited. He hugged Marcy. "It's amazing." He said. The snow cleared out, and you all stepped outside.

   "Hey Marcy, when did you even make that?" You questioned. "Simon talked about it in his sleep." She responded. Simon gasped and hid his face in his hands. Man, Marcy sure loved to embarrass Simon.

   You realized something, and your heart sank. You couldn't move one of your hands. "Why are so many things going wrong?! Can't I just have a happy ending?" You cried. Sure enough, your hand was frozen. Simon cursed. "I can unfreeze it, but I need the crown!" He stated. You looked at him and saw fear in his eyes. If Simon put the crown on one last time, would he ever take it off?

   "Simon I'll be-" before you could finish that sentence, Simon put on the crown. The horrible object that cost Simon his sanity.

   He melted the ice off of your hand, and only the ring remained. You begun to thank Simon. "Ok, you can take it off now." You said. Simon looked down. "I can't."

...

   "Marcy and Y/N, I'm not sure if you will ever see this message. I'm sorry that I can't be there to watch over you Marcy, I've become too dangerous. Y/N is going to have to. And Y/N, if we meet again, watch over me until I can find my way through this labyrinth in my brain and regain my sanity! And I promise, my princess, I will not forget our wedding. Just know that I love you."

   Simon ended the recording and threw the tape into his sled. "Simon, don't leave please!" Marcy begged him. "You propose to me and two weeks later you leave?" You said with tears flooding out. Simon stared at you, beginning to cry as well. "I... Marcy, look away." He requested. What was he going to do now?

   Simon pulled you in for a kiss. After a few seconds, he pulled away and held your hands. "Consider that our first kiss." He said, then hopped onto the dogsled. You yelled his name, but he had already left with tears in his eyes. You looked down at the drawing Marcy gave you, your tears staining the paper. "Y/N, where did Simon go?" Marcy asked. You looked over at her. "Come on Marcy, it's gonna be just me from now on."
———————————————————————————
A/N: THIS CHAPTER WAS SO FRICKING SAD!! I can't wait for the next couple of chapters are done, so then I don't have to write anymore sad stuff! Warning: a lot of things go wrong in the next chapters. Remember, it has to get worse before it gets better...?