Foggy Water

I don't care who you are, you don't mess with my family. Family isn't formed with blood, it's formed with bonds that you make with people. "Carl, he's a lot better." I said as I sat down next to him in the house we just cleared. "You've been really helping him." I smiled, "Well he's like a father to me." Daryl entered the room with three spoons and a jar of unopend penut butter. "Who's hungry?" He asked as he opened the jar. Michonne walked in chugging down a bottle of water. "I need to go for a run, why don't you come with me Lily?" I glanced up at here as I instantly shook with fear. "Michonne... I would love to... but I think you should take Carl... He can carry more." She gave me a weird look then her and Carl left. "No what was with that 'he can carry more' sh*t you just pulled? You and Carl are the same size." I looked down. "Nothin'. It's nothin'." "You're a really bad lier" He came and sat down next to me as I tried not to make eye contact. "It's really nothing." Daryl leaned back and glared at me. "Fine! I'll tell you! Just enough with the glaring!" He leaned forward and clasped his hands together waiting for me to speak. "Well... I'm not really welcomed in this camp. I was and never will be one of you. You guys are a family... I'm just your extra baggage. And don't you dare say a thing Daryl Dixon! I'm not worth the food Judith needs. Besides... I am always getting hurt and slowing everyone down. I was always a waist of creation..." Daryl sighed and rubbed his head. "I used to be the same way... Look, I didn't have a good childhood, at all. In fact the world going to hell is the best thing that has happened for me. You keep Rick on his feet, he won't listen to any of us, I can tell you and Carl have a thing going on, and Michonne treats you like her daughter. You're mean a d*mn good thing to all of us. Now shut your mouth because little *ss kicker needs you too. Come on, once Carl and Michonne get back from their run, we're going out for a run in the woods." I gulped as I got up and went to talk to Rick.

When Carl and Michonne got back they told us about their run in with walkers, ten actually. I hugged Carl and Daryl and I went out for our run... oh joy.

"Daryl! Daryl!" I couldn't hear or see him. There were trees in every direction. I started running away from the four walkers that were hunting me down. "Daryl!" I screamed again. I got to a clearing, and still didn't stop. "Lily!" I heard. It was Carl, or at least I think it was. All I could hear we're moans and running water.

The current was strong and hard to run across. The center of the river went up to my waist and was freezing. I shot one of the walkers, another and then another. Lucky for me I ran out of bullets and my gun jammed. I put it back in my belt trying not to let current catch it. "Carl! Daryl!" The walker was having more trouble than I was, but I couldn't go any farther. I reached for my knife which strapped on my thigh. In the process I slipped aND fell, the current dragging me under. "Carl!" I screamed under the water, barely making a sound. The force of the water was too strong and I all I could do was drown. I tried screaming again but all I got was a mouth full of green river water. I saw the walker still coming being dragged by the current as well. He was gaining on me. 'Crap' I thought. I reached for my knife which must have fallen out of his carrier when I fell. I reached for my gun which was barely in its slot. I held onto the barrel using a handle as a hard weapon. Trust me. Doing all of this under water is a log harder than it sounds. Next thing I saw the red tint of the water as the walker fell, and my breathing stopped. 'This isn't the end.' I told myself. 'You're going to let a river be the death of you? You are weak.' Then I closed my eyes, and let the world become dark around me.

I spit up water and coughed, hard. Hard rocks were going into my back and a fist against my chest. I coughed up more water as I tried to sit up. Bad idea by the way. I was really dizzy and I couldn't see who was in front of me. "Lily!" I heard faintly I think it was Carl's voice, but I knew once he reached down and hugged me. "What the h*ll happened! You were right behind me a second ago. "Ha ha Daryl." I coughed up a bit more water. I looked up at Carl and removed the gun which was digging into my side. "Carl, were you yelling for me..." "Yea... I was. I could hear you yelling for Daryl from the house. Michonne doesn't know I'm gone." I squeezed him tighter and looked at Daryl. "What happened. The last thing I remember is passing out under water. "Carl looked at me again and let go of me. Daryl didn't say anything. "It's best we not tell you." My eye sight was now back to normal and I could see how red Carl and Daryl's eyes were. "Daryl... What happened?" He looked at me. "Do you really want to know that a little ran out in the water to save you but got dragged under and eaten by a walker and her father tried to shoot Carl, but it's a good thing he didn't have good aim? Carl had to shoot him. I came here just in time to shoot the walkers was about to get you." I looked at Carl, at the verge of tears. "You shot, an innocent man! Carl! What the h*ll!" He looked at me in shock. "He tried to shoot me!" I shot a bad look at him. "Carl, he sounds confused. If he had never shot a gun before! He obviously didn't have the nerve to kill something dead let alone living!" His hands formed in fists and is jaw clenched "If you two princesses are done with your sh*t talking, we need to go." I looked around. A huge heard of walkers was headed in our direction. "Uh, I think we need to go." Carl said. "We'll finish this talk later." Carl helped me up as we ran and followed Daryl back to the house. I got two new knives and reloaded my gun. "Let's go." Michonne said walking out of the door of the house, with here hand on her sword. We started moving again, and Rick was finally back to normal. Everything was how it should be. We'll, sort of.

_____

Hey guys! I tried go make this one longer... OMG over 600 reads!! O.O I am so proud of you guys. :D Okay... I'll try to update soon. :) love you guys!!! »...«

P.S.

Isn't the GIF over to the side just smexy? Indeed it is.