Luckily There's No Volcano Nearby...

Both boys craned their necks to peer back at the child, who lowered his eyes with a weak frown. "Well," Sachi admitted after a moment as their stares lingered, "It's not like I've ever tried it, so I don't even know if it'll work..." He trailed off, sighing heavily as he lifted his head reluctantly.

"As long as you don't need a virgin sacrifice, I'm willing to try anything," Brady managed through gritted teeth, lifting his head from Callan's shoulder to offer a smile at Sachi.

Callan just scoffed lightly at the telepath, looking through unimpressed. "Don't worry about that. We're trying to keep you alive. That's kind of counterproductive, don't you think?"

"Ha, ha." Brady shuffled backward away from Cal, kneeling down slowly to keep from toppling over. "Guess I'm growing on you..."

"Uh huh... or I actually have a self-preservation instinct," Callan puffed, waving for Sachi to come closer. "You have an idea?"

Sachi crouched down beside Brady, placing the back of his hand to the telepath's pale balmy skin then nodded. "I think it could work..." He patted the brassy splotch that stained his clothes. "I healed up good as new, maybe we could use my healing factor to help him too?" Callan considered the idea, brows furrowing as he did. It was a good idea, a really good idea actually. But how would they do it?

"His blood."

Cal blinked over at Phoena, who had walked up behind Brady while they'd been discussing.

"What?" Callan arched a brow at the blonde as she turned a small knife over in her hand. The Grand Commander's son eyed the glinting silver blade, his teeth clenching and posture growing rigid.

Phoena turned away from his piercing glare and sighed softly. "Don't make that face at me. I'm not going to hurt him, idiot." She placed the blade down on the ground between Brady and Sachi, then addressed Callan once more. "His regenerative abilities are connected to his blood. If apply some to Brady's wound, it could heal him. Otherwise, there's not really much the kid can do." She glanced to Sachi with a soft shrug. "In the end, it's up to you..."

"I want to help," the boy murmured, taking the knife in his small hand. Callan's nose crinkled distastefully, but he didn't say anything to dissuade Sachi. He couldn't tell the boy not to help. They needed Brady alive and well; he knew that. But all the same, he didn't want Sachi to suffer any pain on their behalf. "A little cut isn't going to do me in," Sachi said after a single glance at Cal's scowling face, "I've been through much worse, so don't worry."

"That's what I thought about this abomination..." Brady waved a hand over his injured side, biting back a whimper as his fingers quivered uncontrollably. "Stabby Stab Sorceress really did a number on me." Phoena flicked his forehead as her frown deepened and exhaled a long dramatic breath. "Oww," Brady groaned and rubbed his head, "What was that for?"

The blonde crossed her arms over her chest and laughed dryly. "This is not time for jokes like that. If the boy wants to help you, best not go conflicting him by being so theatrical."

"You could have just said as much without disheveling the few remaining brain cells I have intact..."

That drew a few sighs from Callan and Phoena, but Sachi simply grinned softly at them. "Just lean back and we'll try it, okay?" The young boy urged Brady to lie down, shooting his gaze between Cal and Phoena, his hand tightening around the knife's hilt. He took a deep breath to steady his nerves as he held his other hand out, palm to the sky. He winced, biting down on the edge of his lip as he drew the blade against his skin. A few drops of blood dripped from his now clenched fist, and after Phoena removed the bandage covering Brady's injury, Sachi smeared his palm over it, drawing a low hiss from the telepath.