5

As I walked in the kitchen, I noticed that Phil was there, leaning against the counter.

"Good morning Pietro," he greeted.

"Good morning Mister Coulson," I greeted him, remembering Steve's lecture on being polite.

I put my hands in the pockets of my hoodie and looked up at Phil.

"There's no need for formalities Pietro, where were you?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I wanted to keep my sanctuary to myself.

"Did you need anything? I was about to make lunch," I told him, shifting from foot-to-foot, uncomfortable with the conversation.

"You make lunch?" Phil asked, confused before adding, "Tony said that all you do is lay around or sleep in your room all day,".

I tried not to look offended, but my shoulders drooped.

I looked at the floor and turned my back to him, starting to grab the ingredients for lunch.

I was planning on making pasta.

"I didn't mean to offend you Pietro," Phil told me after noticing my behavior change.

"It is fine," I told him quietly, turning to the stove to boil water for the pasta.

I could practically hear him frowning as I poured a decent size bag of pasta, stirring them around a bit.

When I was confident I could leave the pasta for a bit, I started to make the sauce to top it off with.

I heard Phil move to the table, sitting down. I could feel him watching me cook.

When I'd finished completely, the Avengers were already coming in.

Wanda was, as usual, fawning over Vision.

I made their plates as they came in, setting each in front of them as they sat.

I watched silently as they ate, Phil kept glancing at me as he ate.
.
.
.
After a while, the garlic bread I'd made was done, so I put the pan on the table.

I put all the pots in the sink before heading back out the door, unaware that I had a tail following me.