33

My head shot up when I heard it, "Loki help me," it was faint in my mind, but I heard it.

I stood from the stool I was given and started to pace. I tried to reach out with my mind, but he was to far away for me to reach.

I knocked on the door of my cell, hoping someone would come to open it.

It took almost five minutes later when the Captain opened it, "What Loki?"

I resisted rolling my eyes at him. "You need to release me, he's in trouble."
.
.
.
I was now standing in front of the Avengers in their living room, in handcuffs.

"Now spill, what do you mean he's in trouble?" Steve demanded as he leaned against the doorway.

"I'm not foolish enough to leave Pietro without a way of communication. I have set a link between the two of our minds; if he thinks a thought directed towards me, I will hear it. But he doesn't know it is there, so if I receive a message of him pleading for help then something is wrong,". I told them, giving them a moment to process the information.

"You need to release me so I can go to him,".

Clint have a humorless laugh, "And how do we know you're telling the truth?"

I looked at him directly, "You don't, but his life depends on it. The question is, are you willing to risk his life by not letting me go?"

Now they were all in deep thought.