7

It had been two weeks since then, Tony had called me to his lab while I was cooking lunch.

I turned off the stove and headed in that direction, already knowing what this was about.

As soon as I'd entered the room, he grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and slammed me against the wall of the lab, forcing a loud yelp from me.

"Why the hell did you spend five hundred dollars at McDonald's?!" he yelled, slamming me against the wall again.

I started shaking as he had me pinned against the wall. "What did you do? Feed the fucking homeless?" he yelled again.

I nodded my head, probably looking completely terrified. "I-I was f-feeding p-people at t-the shelt-er," I stammered out.

Bruce appeared from another room that was connected to the lab. "Tony what's going on?" he asked, pulling Tony off of me.

I slumped to the floor, I hadn't noticed Tony had actually been holding me a half foot off the ground...

Tony glared at me.

"Why don't you go take a break and cool off Tony?" Bruce suggested forcefully.

Tony stalked out of the room, Bruce offered me a hand, which I flinched from.

He squatted in front of me frowning, "You want to tell me what that was all about?" he asked gently.

I shook my head, his frowned deepened. "You sure? I could probably help if you told me," he told me a bit suggestively.

"I-I bought e-everyone in the h-homeless shel-ter downtown M-McDonald's," I told him, internally kicking myself for stuttering.

"Why couldn't they have eaten the food at the shelter?" he asked gently.

I looked at the floor, "T-They give t-the same thing e-everyday... S-So I used the c-card Tony gave me..." I told him.