Prologue:

Outside the city walls, a few miles out, a single girl huddled within the confines of her cage

Outside the city walls, a few miles out, a single girl huddled within the confines of her cage. Her platinum blonde hair caked with dry mud. The girls' knees were up to her exposed chest, her lanky arms wrapped securely under her kneecaps as if to help keep her body intact -like the exposed binding on a worn book. Her small but muscular, bare frame was only covered in blackish mud and stained with her own blood.

The glowing blue orbs of the girl danced around her surroundings rapidly, fear seeping into her undoubtedly. In front of her, the Hunters were gathered around a prodigious bonfire, gnawing on freshly cooked meat of what smelled like a rabbit and nearly drowning themselves with strong rum. Her stomach twisted in knots at the sound of the men's raspy laughter. Their mocking voices making her uneasy.

The girl released a soft growl of agitation; her Beast pushing through her human barrier as it grew angered. The bijou cage they had stuffed her in cause the Beast inside her to shift anxiously.

They had fought her earlier that night when the sun had just begun to set in the sky. One moment she had been trekking through the woods in her Beast form carelessly and then the next moment she was struck from behind by a heavy mallet. Her body was knocked unconscious before her Beast could even turn to respond to the intruders.

"Best you keep that filthy snout shut, Beast," one Hunter sneered, spitting at her.

His murky colored spit landed on her left cheek and he chuckled, watching it trail down her skin. When the saliva dripped off her cheek and splattered to the floor, he grunted in annoyance and turned away. The girl glared at the mans retreating figure and reached up to wipe the remaining of his foul spit from her face with the back of her hand.

As the moon finally loomed around the tops of the trees moments later, another Hunter appeared at her cage. He was dressed in all black; similar to what the others wore. However, he had a long black trench coat that seemed to sweep the ground at his feet when he walked. Atop his head, a matching dark hat rested calmly, shielding the moons ominous glow behind him. The remaining light peeked around his broad shoulders and illuminated the girls' skin.

Taking a sniff unconsciously, the girl frowned questionably when the scent of dominance radiated more prominently from him than that of the other humans. The leader squatted down to peer into her cage, silently smirking maliciously upon studying her facial features. His back straightened quickly a split second later, his scent washing over her once more. The girls' upper lip pulled back in disgust. However, the leader ignored her quiet warning and snapped his fingers towards the fellow Hunters.

"This is the girl?" He demanded.
One scraggly man stepped forward, bowing his head with respect for their leader.