Chapter Ten:

*Not Edited
This will be a long chapter again.

Pic of Lachlan above ^
All I can say is... 🤤 *sighs dreamily*

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The Great Hall was silent as King Lachlan uttered the one simple word that had each warrior awestruck. They stopped their on-guard positions, looking around at each other warily. Two were quick to bring aid to Master Geirolf, picking him up swiftly and carrying him off to the infirmary. As much as Siobhan wanted to go, she knew she had to keep the King preoccupied so her father could get to safety.

The King took a trepidatious step towards her, eyeing her every move carefully. She took a step back, nearly tripping over a broken leg of a chair and stumbling before she caught her balance. He stopped and tensed, around looking at the mess a made -rather, the mess his Beast created. Taking a deep breath in, he brought a sole hand up to his stomach while his eyes danced over every destruction. Siobhan's eyes followed his hand movement and she blushed indefinitely.

He's shirtless... her mind whispered absently.

       The King seemed to not care that he was half naked, only covered by his pair of tattered, cotton breeches. The defined muscles of his chest were chiseled like a god and had a thin layer of dark hair over his pecks. Perspiration coated his exposed skin, leaving a glossy-looking affect.

       Siobhan's eyes traveled lower and saw the hair pool finely around his abdomen before it disappeared into the hem of his trousers. Of course it became common for her to see shirtless, warrior men when they trained outside during the summer season, but never had she seen a male so... massive.

She gulped.

       The King was oblivious to her ogling state and when he noticed the warriors stood by watching, unsure of what to do, he stiffened.

"Leave us." He commanded them.

       The remaining warriors fled the Great Hall the instant the words escaped his mouth; stumbling over each other over who would could get out of the room quicker and farther from the King. When the doors shut and they were alone, King Lachlan finally looked over at her. He raked his eyes over her body in search of any injuries. Upon seeing none, he started to come to her.

"P-please stay back," Siobhan stuttered, raising a shaking hand in front of her pleadingly.

The King stopped immediately.

"Have I harmed you?"

She shook her head, "No, but you might have anyways since you nearly decapitated my father."

He frowned, "Siobhan, that was a bite of submission.

"That gnarly bite was simply a warning? His shoulder was almost completely gone!"

The King sighed, raising a hand to grip the bridge of his nose between his fingertips.

"I may loose control when the Beast takes over, but even it knows better than to harm his own Master warrior and the sole father of its mate. Don't believe for a second I would have murdered him in a heated rage. I am a royal, King of many years, and I am more than capable of controlling It than an ordinary Lykae."

"Then as a royal you should know that being paired with someone like I would be abhorrent to the rest of the Lykae's."

King Lachlan narrowed his eyes, "You defy the actions of your King then?"

He stepped forward, but as she went to step back she released she was out of room. For she was now backed into a wall.

"You think your King doesn't know what's best for his people?" He hissed, continuing his predatory gait.