Chapter Eleven:

*Not Edited.

Master Geirolf, aka Siobhan's paps, above ^

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

       The corpse of a female had been found in the woods. When they identified her, it happened to be a young Lykae named Zelene. She was only of fifteen years of age, leaving a younger brother of eight and two loving parents behind.

       When Siobhan heard the child's name, she instantly sobbed like a mother who lost her child would and she couldn't imagine the pain Zelene's true mother was enduring. Siobhan knew the girl; she had spent time teaching and playing with the children of the warriors Lodge to keep them company on her free time. She enjoyed the presence of the children always, for their endless laughter and smiles never washed away a smile of her own.

       Zelene, however, was one Siobhan had grown particularly close to. She was just like her in every way -caring and kind to others. Like a natural born mother. The girl always resembled Siobhan in a way, despite them being unrelated. Zelene had dark, hazel colored, wavy hair identical to Siobhan's and softly pale skin. But, their only differences were that she had emerald green eyes whereas Siobhan had chocolate brown irises.

       Master Geirolf disclosed to Siobhan that Zelene has been brutally murdered in the way the Hunters knew best. Instead of being burned at the stake like Vanya, the King's first intended mate, Zelene had been hung from a tree. The warriors found her body dangling from a lone branch as if she were a leaf; her eyes were still wide open and frozen her in time to reveal her distressed expression.

The thin, cotton white night gown she had on was torn along the bottom edges and battered in mud. Zelene's hair had been in a braid for when she slept, however now it was unruly and almost unrecognizable as her hair was matted. Lone strands of hair flew in the alight morning breeze and when the warriors were able to bring her body down -she was stone cold. A cut in her lip and a few lacerations across her cheek were encrusted in dry blood.

At first they assumed Vanya had been sleepwalking and happened to be wandering in the wrong place at the wrong time, however when they examined her body further, they discovered dirt and blood caked under her fingernails. Indicating she was awake and struggled for her life. This solitary fact alone had Siobhan crying harder for the young girl. She was not of age, therefore her body wouldn't have regenerated after her hanging like a grown Lykae's would. Somehow, someway, the Hunter's knew of this weakness and used it on one of their innocent Lykae minor.

Siobhan omitted breakfast and the meal at midday, having lost her appetite. Instead, she stayed in her dimly lit room and away from the other warriors. She lit no candles for her isolated bedroom, instead only allowing the minimal sunlight from outside peek through the curtains around her window. A few maids stopped by her room to check on her, per her fathers request they had informed her.

Call her overdramatic, but she refused to leave her room. The thought of Zelene begging and fight for her life...devastated Siobhan to the core. As she looked outside her window to see warriors fighting down below in the blazing sun, she wanted to cry again.

Who would be next?

She saw King Lachlan then -or should she say... her mate- as he walked around the sparring pairs to study their movements. He wore a set of new clothes ;finally have dawning on a shirt and pristine breeches. With his hands behind his back, walking like a true King as he made small talk with Master Geirolf. She supposed it was common to feel nervous to her father and the man she was destined to be with, were talking privately. Yet, she didn't feel it in that way. For now all she saw was a King talking to his general.