Chapter Twenty-five:

*Not Edited

It honestly took me so long to write this chapter because I had to keep double checking the previous chapters just to make sure I didn't contradict anything.

Hope it's good <3

P.s it kinda sorta gets graphic at the very end. So if that stuff is triggering or grosses you out, I suggest not reading it.
I'll put " *~*~* " where it starts to get dark and when it ends if you want to skip over it. :)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Siobhan's chest tightened after her father spoke those dreadful words. Her own mother... killed by Siobhan's grandfather. Her only true blood.

But why her?

Master Geirolf looked away, "his original intention was to... destroy you most likely. However, your mother protected you with her life- literally. I will never know the true reason why she would stand up to that mad man, whether it was her father or not, but I would like to believe that maybe... maybe she thought he wouldn't harm her. That he had at least a sliver of sanity still inside. But... she was wrong."

"How could he do such a thing to his own daughter?" Siobhan questioned.

"You are the bane of his existence," King Lachlan spoke up, "and your grandfather is the leader of the Hunters, just imagine how he felt upon discovering his daughter did not only run away from him to live with us, but that she had even married one of us and had a child."

Siobhan looked back and forth between her father and Lachlan, unsure of what to say.

"How am I still alive then?

        Master Geirolf sighed, clasping his hands together in front of him and staring down at the ground as he grimly remembered that gruesome night.

"Your mother had just disappeared upstairs to lay you down for bed... when... they attacked..."

A loud boom echoed from outside Master Geirolf's house. He stood up from his chair quickly, cocking his head to the side and waited in anticipation to see if the sound would appear again. The hair on the nape of his neck stood up, his ears twitched.

BOOM.

This time, the sound was closer to the house. Almost as if it was just a few feet away from them.

Everything became silent.

Deadly silent.

A blood curling scream rang out in the distance.

        Master Geirolf growled, his eyes glowing as his Beast began to surface. The animal instinct inside him fought to protect his mate and child, which overwhelmed all of his senses completely. A small creak came from his left. He snapped his head in that direction.

        From atop the staircase, his wife stared blankly at the stairs, for she too was waiting to hear another sound. Their daughter was in her arms still, bundled up in a pale wool blanket and was silently sleeping against his wives chest comfortably.

BOOM.

Their eyes met.

A wave of screams rang out this time from outside.

        Master Geirolf's wife hurried down the stairs to stand by his side. Their daughter shifted in her arms and let out a little whine.