Chapter Fourteen:

*Not Edited

Pic of the Lykae Royal Castle above ^
It's actually named "Chatsworth House" and it's in England. I love Pride and Prejudice, and they used this castle in the 2005 movie version. :)

Also, I found this song today and I really liked it. Thought I share it???

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Siobhan was awoken at dawn by King Lachlan nudging her shoulder with a gentle hand. She raised her head off of his shoulder from where she had fallen asleep against. Yet, the King didn't seem to mind that she had used his arm as a pillow throughout the rest of the journey.

They had arrived at the royal castle just mere moments before and the carriage had rolled to a complete stop in front of the main entrance doors. Siobhan rubbed at her eyes with a cool hand, wiping away the sleepiness she still had. Then she blinked a couple of times to let her orbs focus on her surroundings.

King Lachlan had already pulled open the velvet curtains, allowing the morning sun to shine into the dark carriage. Despite the air being icy and the ground covered it snow, the sun still continued its heated rise in the darkened sky. It's yellow beams illuminated the King's face as she cast a glance up towards him. He was already staring down at her with an unknown expression hidden behind his facade. Siobhan sworn she saw admiration flash in his eyes before it was quickly concealed by his sea colored irises.

"You slept well I assume?" He asked huskily, for he himself had just woken up and his voice was still raspy.

"Yes, thank you," She responded politely, "And you?"

The corner of his lips pulled into a half smile, "It is enough rest for now, at least."

"Do you usually function with little to no sleep?" Siobhan asked him, unable to stop herself.

She wasn't sure if her words sounded rude or sarcastic, and she didn't want him to think badly of her. However, she was simply curious. This man -or should she say, King- is to be her mate for the rest of her life, yet she knew barely anything about him. Also, the King knew scarcely about her as well. Just the information he had gathered from studying her the last few days.

"Generally," He voiced out, "I am quite used to it by now. As a King, sleep is the only treat I ever get. There's too much to handle and so many things that need to be dealt with. Sleep isn't always an option for me."

Siobhan nodded in understanding, "The best way to make clear decisions is if you've had a good nights rest."

His smiled widened, "You might just have to teach me how."

It was Siobhan's turn to smile now, yet hers was added with a slight blush on the cheeks.

Was he actually... bantering with me? Siobhan asked herself.

Instead she replied, "When you're ready."

The door of the carriage was opened then by one of the butlers of the royal castle. An aged man, around fifty years of age, wore a solid black assemble while his salt and pepper colored hair was slicked back in place. He stood next to the door, his hand on the handle, and he looked straight in front of him. Not even casting a glance towards Siobhan or the King.

King Lachlan raised from his seat and got out first in order to help Siobhan out. The butler bowed when the King got out.

"My King," he stated.

The King nodded his approval at the Butler, before turning towards the carriage and offering a hand out for Siobhan to take. She took it carefully; her hand tingling at the touch of their skin on skin contact.