Chapter Twenty-seven:

*Not Edited. SEVERELY not edited.

Pic of Siobhan above ^

Long-ish chapter so sit down and buckle up :)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The air in the dining room was comfortable. Almost peaceful. The soft clanking of silverware kissing their plates filled the room, along with the occasional slurping noise as someone sipped from their goblet and the light murmur of voices. Laid out across the extensive table like a map, were copious amounts of dishes filled with rich meats, fresh vegetables and fruits. Each dish so different from the others, yet when brought together, dinner was complete.

The table was also occupied with other nobles that were currently residing in the castle as well. The royal warriors, Master Geirolf, Vivian, Siobhan, and of course King Lachlan. At the moment, Siobhan's father was in a deep conversation with Aldric, one of the main royal warriors. From her seat, she couldn't quite hear their conversation, but when she saw Aldric's lips form the word 'human' and shivered and adverted her gaze.

        That was one thing Siobhan absolutely did not what to speak about at the moment. The affect from having heard her mothers true story was taking its toll on her still- mentally and physically. Although she had calmed down by now, the story had become wrapped inside her mind. Lingering in the darkness.

        Siobhan took a long drag of ale from her golden goblet and gulped, letting the alcohol aid in clearing out her head- and her worries. A laugh rang out from down the table and Siobhan rotated her head in the direction of it in curiosity.

          Vivian was at the opposite end of the table, currently chatting and laughing away with a fellow female warrior, completely oblivious to anyone around her. Which reminded Siobhan of the days back at the Hunting Lodge. Where Vivian was practically worshiped by the younger female warriors in-training. They had always looked up to her in many ways, but more often than not it was because she was tough, beautiful and happened to become the lead female warrior. And it only took her seventeen years of training.

        Even now, Vivian still held her confident composure while seated in her chair. Her natural gift in charming others to the fullest extent was still out on display. To others, she was very likable no doubt. There was hardly a moment she was quiet.

           At the dinner table tonight, the only quiet ones were Siobhan and Lachlan. Lachlan was currently digging into a thick steak ravenously, keeping his eyes downcast towards his plate while he ate. He wasn't in a hurry, however Siobhan supposed he was simply just hungry. As a Lycan -and a king at that- she was almost sure that his body needed more food than an average Lykae.

           So she just watched him in slight amusement as she rolled a small, boiled potato around her porcelain plate with her fork. The silence between the two growing. Until the King spoke up.

"Ciamar a tha thu (How are you)? You have barely touched your food tonight. Nach eil e math (is it not good)?" King Lachlan whispered to Siobhan in a hushed tone.

         He now looked over at her with those penetrating, electric blue eyes. Pinning her in place.

        Siobhan swallowed out of habit. She stopped rolling the petite potato around and lowered her head to break his gaze. The food was delicious. Yet, she couldn't find it within herself to eat.

"Math (good)," she slipped out a partial truth, partial lie.

         She didn't want to tell him she wasn't hungry. For he would only argue with her and end up persuading her to eat the food. But, she knew she couldn't handle the heavy food. Not tonight.