Chapter Twenty:

*Not Edited

Pic above is what I kinda see Lachlan's office as (?) ^

Song above ^
It's beautiful 😪
Not really related to this chap, but I was listening to the playlist for the kdrama Goblin. I can't help it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

King Lachlan pulled the grieving Siobhan through the castle doors and into the foyer. Her cries echoed through the rooms space of vast emptiness, bouncing off the cold marble floors and stone walls. An arm of the King was wrapped around her waist securely while his other stayed frozen in its spot on the back of her head. His hand in her hair kept her face pressed forward into his chest as he attempted to soothe her reckless sobs.

Siobhan's hands clutched onto his back, hanging on for dear life as if she would collapse any moment. He knew without a doubt, that with her grief, she would pass out without his support on her body. Keeping her eyes squeezed shut and her face smushed against the King, Siobhan could only think of Ezra.

Ezra... Her heart cried out silently. Her first true best friend...

Gone...

Because of the Hunters...

Siobhan knew she should've felt relief that the enemy who posed a threat to her and the other Lykae's was now dead -the connection between the Hunter's and the Lykae's was now severed. Yet, she could only think of the carefree and silly Ezra she had known since childhood. The way he would tease her constantly, the way only he answered her sarcastically, the way he always acted chipper and had the ever most clever and witty responses. He was her only friend.

Her Ezra.

Siobhan was pulled from her thoughts when the doors to the castle burst open, causing the King to immediately growl in warning. Frozen in shock, her breath and tears halted. King Lachlan stepped away from her with his fangs bared and whirled around, effectively shielding her body from the unknown intruder. Curious as ever, she peeked around his torso to spy. However, she gasped.

"Father!" Siobhan cried out and flew around from behind the King's back before he could stop her. She went barreling into her fathers arms, fresh tears escaping her eyes.

Master Geirolf opened his arms wide for his only daughter, letting her to bump right into him and engulfing him in a bear hug. His arms wrapped around her immediately and he took a deep breath in, inhaling her scent. King Lachlan watched on silently, his eyes narrowing as Master Geirolf sniffed his daughter.

"We have yet to mated if that's what you're sniffing for," King Lachlan stated from the other side of the room. Master Geirolf snapped his head up and looked at the King directly.

"You..." Master Geirolf started, unraveling himself from Siobhan and taking a step towards King Lachlan threateningly.

"You dare to declare that the mating ceremony to be pushed forward when she has yet to shift?" Master Geirolf bellowed, "King or not, I won't allow such a thing for my daughter!"

"Father!" Siobhan exclaimed.

At the same time, King Lachlan spoke over her, "Declare? As in indicating that I am the only one to have a say in such a matter? The Mating Ceremony is decided between the Mates, not their families."

"What lies have you been telling her? Trying to seduce her into believing you, so you force her into saying she wanted to have it sooner?" Master Geirolf scoffed.