Chapter Four:

*Not Edited
Fun fact: I wanted to update this really quick so I could continue working on the next chapter. Also, is it bad I listen/watch Shane Dawson whenever I'm writing instead of music? Oops 😬

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The wooden door behind Siobhan closed shut softly, her hand holding onto it so it wouldn't bang shut. She looked left and right down the narrow, but empty, hallway. Gathering her cloak around her shoulders tightly, she hurried towards the set of stairs that would lead her down to the main floor.

Tonight was when she had promised Ezra they could spare in the woods to see who the real champion was. She wasn't going to let him win, that was for sure.

Just as Siobhan rounded the corner, looking back over her shoulder, she smacked right into a hard wall. Her eyes squeezed shut in pain as her right cheek throbbed from the harsh impact. She stepped back immediately, feeling embarrassed that she had ran into a wall in the first place. Her cool hand reached up and cupped her flaming cheek. When her eyes finally peeled open, she nearly fell to the ground in shock at what she saw before her.

A pair of familiar dark leather shoes invaded her vision and she froze up. Siobhan held her breath, her hand still on her cheek, as her eyes trailed up the manly body in front of her. Slowly, her dark eyes roamed over his dark pantaloons and up towards a silky, blood red, buttoned up shirt -until her gaze landed on the persons skin peeking out of the top of their shirt.

She stared at the exposed skin for a second and noticed dark hair scattered lightly just beneath the shirt. Her eyes finally moved up to the persons smooth neck, watching the Adam's apple of their throat throb up and down once when they swallowed. Siobhan broke her state from their neck to continue her search, following up to a strong chin -a chin she had become to recognize recently.

She gasped, not wanting to look up as she now knew who it was that stood before her now. But, her eyes betrayed her and continued their roam on their own accord.

Siobhan's eyes finally landed on the King who stared down at her curiously. Her cheeks flushed scarlet red -something she had grown used to by now whenever she was near him. It seemed like she couldn't help the reactions her body had towards him, even though she tried to fight her instincts.

"No leisgeulan, mo Rìgh, (My apologies, my King,)" She rasped out, apologizing for bumping into him in such a manner. She dropped to her knee, bowing in front of him in respect.

"Seas (stand)," he simply replied.

Siobhan nodded once and stood up quickly, still keeping her head down. He was silent for a moment, his heated gaze burning into the top of her head like a scorching flame.

"Look at me," he finally spoke, but in English this time.

Siobhan frowned, but stood up anyways as to not to disobey his orders.

"You... you speak English," she murmured, more as a fact than a question.

He ignored her comment, he repeated her name, "Siobhan."

"Duilich (sorry), but what would others begin to think if they were to hear you only call me by my birth name? Surely you wouldn't want such a petty scandal run a much?"

He took a deep breath in and she looked up in his mysterious eyes warily, "I do not care of what they gossip of me. I am their King. They would not dare question me, nor my actions."

Siobhan nodded in agreement, for he was intimidating; even the lead male warriors and her own father religiously felt unease in the King's presence.

King Lachlan took a step towards her, closing the already small gap between them, peering down at her. For he was more than a head taller than her after all. She could feel the warmth of his body rolling off him in waves and she felt drawn to the heat. As if she had been stuck outside during a blizzard of winter for hours and then was finally thrown inside to feel the warmth of a fire. However, she ignored her body as it started to lean towards him, and took a step back. The King titled his head at her action.

"Do I frighten you, Siobhan?" He asked.

No, she thought.

"Yes," she found herself saying instead.

King Lachlan raised a single brow and leaned down towards her ear, "Tha (yes)?"

Her breath caught in her throat, feeling his breath fab across her cheek, but she forced the words out anyways, "I do, my King."

The King hummed in response, his nose then touched the tip of her ear and she attempted to jump back as she felt a jolt of electricity. However, he gripped her upper arms in his strong hands to hold her in place, while he trailed his nose from her ear down to the base of her pale throat. Her body locked up immediately, feeling as he stopped on the side of her neck, inhaling slowly; as if he were savoring her scent for the last time. Her skin tingled wherever his skin touched hers and she felt her nerves spike up, for she never had a man this close to her outside of fighting.

His hands tightened on her arms, not uncomfortably, but enough so she couldn't easily brush them off if she wanted to. But, for goddesses sake, she didn't want to him to remove his grasp whatsoever. Every fiber in her body told her that this was alright. That she was safe in his hands; that he would never hurt her intentionally. And that his arms were where she was supposed to be.

King Lachlan breathed in deep again, his mouth parting open at her throat, and her head fell back on its own to give him the access he wanted. Yet, she didn't feel fear. She felt...

Want? She questioned in her head.

"King..." she whispered out, breathless. Her eyes stared up at the ceiling of her hallway in a daze.

A deep rumble came from his chest, almost like a purr of approval.

"Siobhan," he replied, his lips moving over her throat when he mumbled her name, "you smell... exquisite."

His lips were softer than the silliest fabric she had ever felt in her lifetime. They seemed to tease her flesh, causing goosebumps to rise over every part of her skin that he touched.

"Do I frighten you?" He asked the same question as before. But now, she couldn't lie.

"No," she gasped.

He released a soft growl again, but still she didn't feel frightened.

"Good," he trailed his nose back up to her ear.

Siobhan closed her her ears at the pleasure, her heart beating away like a drum in her chest. Yet, he continued his lovely assault.

"Because you shall be mine," he whispered at last, into her ear.

Before Siobhan could register his words, she felt the warmth of his body disappear.

And he was gone.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
If you enjoyed this chapter, please don't forget to:

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•If you enjoyed this chapter, please don't forget to: