prologue

YEARS EARLIER

YEARS EARLIER...

A five year old, Amelia Blake, lay in her bed staring up at the glow in the dark stars on her ceiling. The little girl's blue eyes watched them as if it was the most exciting and entrancing thing in the world. Her lips were twitched up in a small smile, her little imagination making them move as if it was the real night sky. 

It had been a good day for her, she had just made best friends with the boy next door, Peter Parker. And he had shared his crayons with her.

"Mia?" The little girl looked over as her mother came in, "What are you still doing up?"

"Thinking." The 5-year-old replied simply before turning her attention back to the glowing stars. The blonde woman chuckled at her daughter, before shutting the door behind her and getting into the bed with her. They lay staring up at the ceiling as her mother thought, knowing her daughter too well. "If you had any power in the world, what would you have?"

"I'd want to be invisible whenever I want," The girl responded, with a nod nod of her head. "That and mermaid powers!"

The mother smiled and nodded, the two sat in silence for a while, before the blue eyed little girl spoke up, "Momma?"

"Angel?" Her mother responded with and Mia hesitated, "Where's my dad?"

Felicity Blake cautiously spoke to her daughter, "He had to leave before you were born."

Of course, it was a lie. Amelia's father didn't even know about her, and as far as Felicity knew, he wouldn't even remember her. It was the only thing she could think of to keep her daughter safe, away from the Iron Man danger.

Amelia didn't speak for a couple seconds, before looking up to meet her mother's eyes. "You're not gonna leave me, are you?"

"Never. I promise." She smiled at her daughter, looking into the wide dark blue eyes. Even with the little girl having blue eyes like her mother, Felicity could definitely see Tony's eyes in them. Shaking that out of her head, Felicity hugged her daughter and kissed her head. "And you're never gonna leave me?"

"Promise."