Chapter 15: Least Likely To Die Trying

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

Amelia sat in the corner of the room, staying out of the way of the adults and government officials. She had taken her hair out of the ponytail she had it in for school, and began playing with it, twirling a piece with her finger while she took note that her hair was getting darker. The beginning of the school year, it was a dirty blonde color, and now it was a mix between dirty blonde and light brown. She let out a huff, brushing her hair behind her ear as she looked over to where Tony and Steve were talking in the window-walled office in the center of the room. 

With a breath though, the young girl looked around, completely bored because she hated just sitting on the sidelines. But when she spotted a cup of water on a table away from her, she lifted her hand up and barely moved her fingers. The water moved out of the cup and began floating in the air, creating different types of shapes.

She held the water there, until a door slammed shut. Jumping slightly, Mia grimaced as the water splattered all over the floor which caused her to look away and act like it wasn't her, while the officer that was at the desk, looked at the water in confusion. The dirty blonde only glanced back up to see if anyone had seen her, only to realize that T'Challa was looking at her amused since he had seen the whole thing.

A bit later, Mia joined Sam and Steve in the glass office as Sharon walked in, handing Sam a paper. "The receipt for your gear."

"Bird costume? Come on." Sam looked to her offended, but she shakes her head. "I didn't write it."

Sharon then moves over, clicking a button that allowed the room to receive video and audio of where Bucky was being held and questioned. Mia sat down, looking at Bucky, something about him seemed familiar.

"I'm not here to judge you. I want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James?" The man evaluating Bucky asked, but Bucky doesn't answer him. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky."

Steve looks up from a photo, which had apparently been the evidence that Bucky was the one to bomb Vienna. Even though, if Mia was being honest, she wasn't completely convinced it had been him. And neither was Steve, "Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?"

"Get the word out. Involve as many eyes as we can?" Sharon shrugs, and Steve nods while standing up. "Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier."

"You're saying someone framed him to find him." Sharon looks at him, but then Sam adds. "Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing."

"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads."

Mia then shook her head as she stood up, looking between the adults. "But that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him, would get him. It guarantees that we would."