Chapter 18

“Do you have everything you need?” Harry asked me as I wheeled my luggage to the front door.

“Yeah. Everything is here.” He nodded and handed his things to Kevin. He was wearing a pair of pants and red plaid shirt. He also wore a bandana and it was kind of cute. He put his ray bans on and walked to his car.

“Have a safe trip.” Anita smiled at me and patted my head like a little girl on her first day of school. I hugged her and I saw Mrs. Styles looking at us from the second floor.

She was fuming.

Of course she was against of me going to the trip but as soon as she heard that Piper was there, it was like a thorn was pulled out of her. She was still mad tho. She shouldn’t be. I can assure her that her son wouldn’t even spare me glance once Piper would be there.

Yes, I noticed that. A lot. You see, I’ve been hanging out with them lately. They’re really nice people. They never let me feel like I don’t belong. They make sure that I was comfortable around them. Even Piper. It was hard to hate her when all she did was being kind to me. Plus, it’s not her fault that the guy I’m in love with doesn’t reciprocate my feelings. We can never dictate whom we love. It just happens. Sadly, it happened to be that Harry likes her.

If was Harry, I wouldn’t choose me either.

Piper had everything. Everything I couldn’t have.

Ugh! Enough with all this sulking. I’m going to enjoy this vacation and I won’t let that curly haired boy ruin this.

“We’re meeting everyone in Piper’s hangar.” Harry said. I noticed that Harry had been cold and distant, probably because of my sudden confession. At least he’s not leading me on. That’s a good thing right?

The drive was quiet. The music from the radio was the only thing that was making a sound. It was weird. Like really weird. We used to talk a lot but now, it’s like there was a wall between us.

Maid-zone wall perhaps.

“Are we going to be like this for the whole trip?” I asked, not looking at him.

“Like what?”

“Nothing.” I sighed. “Never mind.” I leaned my head to the window. Last time I was in this car, we were on a date. Funny, it was three days ago but it feels like a year had passed.

“Tell me Tammy.” Harry said. I knew he was starting to get irritated.

“Ignoring each other. Like nothing happened between us.” I sadly replied. It hurts. He acts like everything didn’t happened. Was I just a substitute until Piper gets back?

“What do you want me to do Tammy?” He looked at me and I hated it. He was mad. I’m the one who was supposed to be mad, not him.

“You don’t have to do anything, Harry. But a little conversation wouldn’t hurt.” I was surprised with how loud my voice was. Jesus! We’re fighting again.

“If me confessing would put a barrier between us then I wished I didn’t tell you about my feelings at all.” I continued.

“Glad we’re on the same page.” And that shut me up. So this was really about my confession. I swallowed hard and felt the tears fell down on my cheeks. I quickly wiped it with the back of my hand. I looked up and inhaled.

Not now please!

“Tammy-“

“Just drop it Harry.” I said and immediately went out the car as soon as we arrived.