Chapter 12

Annabeth

After our declarations of love, Percy and I became more comfortable with each other. We were more open with our feelings and we talked about everything that we could. The only thing that we didn't really talk about was taking the next big step in a relationship.

I felt awkward talking about that subject, call me immature, but we are two virgins who have no idea how to talk about these things. I mean we kiss a lot, and we have a lot of hot, steamy make-out sessions, but we never went past second base. I don't know if he's just nervous about it, or if he doesn't want to. But I really hope it's the former because I really want to be with him. I love him enough for him to be my first and hopefully, my only.

I never thought about being in love before. I'm still young and honestly, all I thought about was going to NYU and exploring the world. That was my dream ever since I could remember. But being with Percy changed everything. I still want to go to NYU, and I still want to travel but now I want Percy there with me. Being with Percy made me realize that I want to see the world, explore the hidden corners and beauty's it has to offer and I want it with Percy. I never really believed in soul mates, but I think that Percy and I come really close to being them.

That is why I am planning on seducing my boyfriend on Valentine's Day. Well, as much as an inexperienced eighteen year old could.

"Annabeth, are you sure you want to do this? You don't want to talk to him about this?" Piper questions me while we walk down the shops along the mall. We have just entered Victoria's Secret and I was about to purchase something I'll know Percy is going to appreciate.

"Yes, I'm sure. I want this with Percy, and I know he wants it too. You know how he is, Piper. He is not going to mention it unless I do. So I need to show him, because I would probably be a stuttering mess just like him if I were to bring it up," I admit, while picking up a pair of yellow lace panties. "Ok yeah... not these."

We keep walking while Piper helps me look for good options. "Does it hurt?" I ask her after a couple minutes.

She sighs, and seems to ponder her answer. "It hurts, I think that's a given. But if your with the right person it doesn't hurt as much because he takes care of you," she replies, examining a striped sports bra.

"You didn't say it was good though?" I goad. She laughs at me and slaps my shoulder with the sports bra.

"Um, I guess it was. But the first time is going to be uncomfortable, so you can't really enjoy it that much. But the second time is so much better," she replies cheekily. I laugh along with her.

"Dam, woman. Jason seems to be getting it right then," she stares at me for a couple seconds then throws herself into a fit of giggles so I join her.

"Yeah, he loves me so it's always good, you know," she finally confirms. "So, if Percy loves you, then you don't have to worry, Annabeth," she admits. I sigh and smile at her letting her know I won't worry.

After a couple hours, we managed to buy everything I needed including shoes and accessories and Percy's present. I am exhausted and anxious for the weekend. We will finally be able to take this big step together and I just know it will be worth it.

Percy

Annabeth said she was only going to be gone for a couple hours but she's been gone the whole day. Stupid girls' night! Why does she need to go out with her friends! Ok, yeah, I admit that was an asshole thing to say. But I can't help it. I miss her too much already. Although now that I think about it I guess I can use this time to plan the day for Valentine's Day this Saturday. Which is only four days away. No pressure or anything.