Chapter 13

Annabeth

Percy was picking me up at exactly 5'o'clock. That is in twenty minutes from now and I am running around my room wrapping up Percy's gift and trying to get ready at the same time. Who knew multitasking could be so difficult while standing on one heel-covered foot.

Ten minutes, a lot of struggling and a mild panic attack later, I'm finally ready. I look at myself through my mirror, taking slow and calming breaths. I am wearing a red lace long sleeved top with a black skater skirt paired up with some black heeled studded ankle boots. My hair is in big blond curls with touches of red highlights. My eyes are decorated in a grey to black Smokey eye shadow and my lips are tinted light brown. I should feel confident right now, this is who I am, but I am so nervous I feel like if my nerves are going to explode.

I gather my coat, handbag, and Percy's gift and walk down to the living room.

"Well, well, well, look who looks gorgeous tonight?" my mother's voice reverberates as I'm making my way to the kitchen.

My face flushes slightly at her compliment. "Thanks, mom. Do you know if Percy's here yet?" I wonder, looking at the clock then at the front door.

"Honey relax. Enjoy your night, have fun. Percy will be here." She grabs me by the shoulders and rubs soothingly. "Oh, my. You're all grown up. Out to live your life with the man you love..." My mom looks like if she's going to shed some tears so I quickly manage to distract her.

"Thanks mom. I get my looks from you and Dad," she chuckles lightly and continues with her duties.

"Well, all I can do now is give you some advice. Never tell your father I told you this but be safe," she says pointedly.

"I'm always safe mom,"

"I mean use protection," she says matter of fact. On that embarrassing note, the doorbell rings. Right on time.

Once I open the door, I am completely silenced by the sexy handsome man standing in front of me. Sweet baby Jesus! This is my boyfriend? I don't know how I got so lucky.

"Whoa," I see Percy swallow, his Adams apple bobbling as he looks me up and down. "Jesus, Annabeth, you look amazing. Gorgeous. Stunning. I- I don't have w-words for how-... oh dam," and here is the beautiful dorky blushing boy I fell in love with.

I giggle happily, embracing him in my arms and giving him a big juicy kiss full of promises for what tonight would bring.

"You look so freaking sexy and dorky right now." I whisper in his ear. "I love it."

Percy

Annabeth leaves me speechless once again. I quickly gather myself and lead her to the car. Tonight is already turning out to be perfect.

The drive is a combination between excitement and anticipation with a healthy dose of nerves on my part. Annabeth is looking from left to right seeing where we are going and tries guessing our destination once in a while. She's always wrong of course.

After a long twenty minute drive we finally arrive at the cabin/ beach house my parents own on Montauk beach. My father sure must trust me.

The cabin is all wood with two stories and about four rooms, two living rooms, a big kitchen and 3 bathrooms. The outside part is mostly all white with a beautiful patio on the front, with a nice fresh garden, courtesy of my mom, of course. The back has a pool and Jacuzzi with a gated fence that leads to the beach. Annabeth seems to be completely taking it all in, not making a sound at all. Anxiously, I lead her to the door and unlock it. I hear a small gasp as Annabeth takes in the view before her.