Prologue

Jennifer Potter ran into the house at the end of the street, and bolted the door with a flick of her wand. She stood with her back against the door, while she took a minute to catch her breath. But she knew she couldn't stop for long. They were on her tail, and gaining on her.
Once her breathing became steadier, she began to search the house, looking for the woman who lived there.
"Miss Vance?" Shouted Jenny, as she began to run from room to room.
"Emmeline Vance" she called again.
There was no answer, so Jenny began to make her way upstairs, readying her wand, in case of a suprise attack.
She searched the bedrooms, and the bathroom. But they too remained empty.

A loud bang suddenly ran through the house, and Jenny could hear footsteps downstairs. She approached the landing by the stairs and looked down. Emmeline Vance had entered the building, looking flustered.
Jenny was about to call down to her, when the front door swung open. Emmeline didn't even have time to turn around. She was hit by a bright green spell, right in the back.
She dropped to the floor immedietly, and Jenny raised her hand to cover her mouth, to stop herself from gasping. The woman she had been protecting was dead, she had failed.

The death eater walked over to Emmeline's body, to make sure that she was definatley dead.
As Jenny tried to leave, the floorboard she was standing on creaked loudly. And the death eater looked up and saw her. She managed to dodge the spell that was thrown at her, and it smashed the wall behind her, into dozens of pieces.
Jenny ran into the nearby room and quickly shut the door as the death eater began to make his way upstairs.
Jenny made her way to the window, and began to assess how much damage she would do to her body if she jumped from this height. The answer wasn't good.
She would most likely sprain her ankle, and then be caught, while trying to run away.

She had only seconds before the death eater blasted away the bedroom door, and killed her. Jenny sighed, threw open the window, and jumped. A second later the door exploded and her pursuer stepped into the room.
He ran over to the window, but saw no trace of the girl he had been following. The only thing he saw that moved, was a small brown squirrel that scampered off into the distance.