The graves at Godric's Hollow

The months flew by quickly. Jenny had had no word from Harry, but she hadn't expected to. Every now and again her ring would turn cold, sending her into a state of panic. But eventually it would return to normal, and Jenny could breathe again.
She nearly had a heart attack when she read that Harry and the others had broken in to the Ministry of Magic. Luckily they hadn't been caught. But Jenny thought that it was a very foolish thing to do.
She kept in regular contact with Remus, and Charlie Weasley, who she now regarded as a close friend. But since Charlie had gone back to Romania, Jenny had felt very lonely, as she rarely got any visitors.
The Order of the Phoenix had gone underground. All the Death Eaters, and Ministry employees were after them, the world was no longer a safe place.

Jenny and her house elf Sady had decorated the Potter Manor, all ready for a lonely Christmas. This would be her first Christmas alone, since waking up from her coma. She had spent the previous years with Harry and the Weasley's. But she would be spending this Christmas in her own home.
As Jenny threw her cloak on, she walked past the Christmas tree, and saw Harry's present. She had bought him a present, even though she had no idea where he was, or when she would next see him. But it was the thought that counts.

"Where is Mistress going?" Asked Sady, as she saw Jenny heading towards the front door.
"I'm going to visit my brother Sady" replied Jenny.
"Wouldn't it be wiser to go in the day time? It is very dark now miss"
"It is always dark nowadays Sady. Anyway it's easier to hide in the shadows".
Sady bowed and went back into the kitchen to finish cleaning.
Jenny sighed and opened the door, breathing in the fresh air for the first time in days. She took a quick look around, before dissapparating.

Godric's Hollow was quiet and empty. All the muggles were in church, and the wizards were all at home. The ground was covered in soft snow, making the town look like something off a Christmas card.
Jenny shook her head angrily, it was harder to hide in the snow, as you left tracks wherever you went. But there was nothing she could do about that.
First, Jenny made her way to the Potter's cottage, where her brother and Lily had lost their lives. This was the first time she had visited the house, since their deaths.
Remus had taken her to their graves the year before, but they had not stopped at the house. Jenny had been too afraid to return on her own, until now.

She walked past a statue of three people that stood in the middle of the square. It looked different to muggles. But to her, and other wizards, it showed James and Lily, holding a baby Harry.
Jenny had to fight back tears as she looked at her brothers face, represented in stone. She missed James so much, that it hurt. Her brother had meant the world to her, and he had been cruely snatched from her, when he was still so young.
Jenny placed her hand on the statue of her brothers hand.
"Merry Christmas James" whispered Jenny sadly.
She stepped away, and began walking towards her brothers house.

Some of the cottage was still standing, covered in Ivy and snow, the rest was nothing more than a pile of rubble. The hedge around the house had grown madly out of control.
Jenny rested her hand on the gate, she knew it wasn't safe to enter, but she felt drawn to it. The cottage had belonged to the Potter family for years, before James moved in with Lily.
A sign suddenly rose up from the ground in front of her, covered in golden letters.

On this spot on the night of 31st of October 1981, Lily and James Potter lost their lives. Their son Harry, remains the only wizard ever to have survived the Killing Curse.
Their house, invisible to muggles, has been left in it's ruined state as a monument to the Potters and as a reminder of the violence that tore apart their family.

Jenny rose her hand to her mouth, to stop herself from crying out. The sign had been graffiteed by people leaving inspiring messages for Harry, and wishing him luck.
James had been very popular, Jenny knew that his and Lily's death had rocked the wizarding world. But she had no idea the extent that people still cared for her family.
Jenny took out her own wand, preparing to leave her own mark, in case Harry ever came to visit.
She used her wand to carve a message into the stone, so that it would last forever.

Good luck little stag.

Jenny turned away from the cottage and made her way over to the graveyard where her parents and James lay. While she looked for their graves, she passed other names she recognised. Dumbledore's mother Kendra and his sister Ariana shared the same stone.
She passed another name she recognised. Peverall. She knew that she was a desendant of Ignotus Peverall, but she knew nothing about him, or his family.
Eventually she came accross the graves of her parents, Euphemia and Fleamont. She crouched down to the ground and raised her wand, creating a wreath out of thin air. Jenny then rested it on her parents head stone.
"Merry Christmas mum. Merry Christmas dad" said Jenny.
She bent down and gently kissed the stone.

Jenny's solitude was interupted when two middle aged people, a man and a woman, entered the graveyard. Jenny lept to her feet, and stared warely at the couple, as they made their way through the grave stones.
She felt uneasy, so she gripped her wand tightly in her hand.
Suddenly the ring on her finger began to heat up. Something it hadn't done in months. Jenny came out of the shadows and approached the couple, while her ring continued to warm up.
She stopped a few metres away from the man who's mouth fell open when he saw her.
"Prongs" he said.
Jenny stepped forward smiling. "Padfoot" she replied.

The two ran forward and hugged one another tightly.
"I've been so worried about you" continued Jenny.
"I'm fine" replied Harry, letting his aunt go.
Jenny then hit him on the back of his head.
"Ow. What was that for?" Asked Harry, rubbing his head tenderly.
"For making me worry about you. A week after leaving you on your own, you break into the Ministry of Magic, and get your face printed all over the Daily Prophet. That was a stupid thing to do Harry" snapped Jenny.
"I know. I'm sorry. But it was necessary"
"It had better be. I suppose that's Hermione over there"
"Yes. We thought it was best to use Polyjuice Potion in case someone sees us"
"Good idea. Where's Ron?"
"He left us"
"I'm sorry... I suppose I can guess why your here".

Jenny turned away from Harry and led him towards the headstone he had come to see. James and Lily's headstone was made of white marble, like Dumbledore's tomb.
Harry and Jenny knelt on the ground, while Hermione made a wreath of Christmas roses and passed it to Harry, who laid it on the gravestone.
"I suppose you saw the memorial in the square" said Jenny.
Words failed Harry, as tears fell from his eyes, so he just nodded.
Jenny rested her arm around Harry's shoulders.
"They were good people Harry. I'm sure they are proud of what you have become. I know you miss them. I miss them too. There is nothing we can do to bring them back. But we can avenge them".

Harry stood up, unable to look at his parents grave a moment longer. Jenny joined him.
"Merry Christmas Harry" she whispered.
"Merry Christmas Jenny" replied Harry, wiping away his tears.
"I'll leave you to do what you came here to do. I'd visit their house if I were you though. You might find it inspiring" Jenny suggested.
Jenny bent down once more, resting her hand on the grave.
"Goodbye James. Merry Christmas brother" Jenny whispered.
She stood up and hugged Harry once more.
"Stay safe Harry. And whatever it is you are doing, get on with it. I don't think I can take much more of this cruel world. You need to find a way to kill him Harry, and end this war".
"I will. I promise" replied Harry.
The pair let go of each other. Jenny walked away, and dissapparated back to her home. Leaving Harry and Hermione alone, by his parents grave.