A new point of view

Jenny sat on a bench in London, watching dozens of muggles, figure skate across an artificial ice rink. Most modern people didn't skate on frozen lakes anymore, due to a fear of falling through the ice. Hundreds of rinks popped up during the winter, and families flooded in with their children, to have a fun day out.
Jenny had skated a few times with the marauders, when she was a teenager. But since Voldemort' rise to power, it had felt innappropriate to take part in something so trivial.

The wind was cold, and Jenny shivered, wishing that she had brought a thicker coat. She blow into her gloves, to warm her hands, and wriggled her toes, to make sure that they were still attatched. It was dark, but Jenny could still see everything, due to the colourful lights all around the ice rink.
Just as she considered leaving, Jack arrived just in time.
"Sorry I'm late" he apologised.
"It's fine. You're here now" Jenny replied.
Jack sat down beside her and kissed her cheek gently.

Jenny's cheeks flashed bright red as she blushed.
"Why did you want to meet here?" Asked Jack rubbing his hands together.
"Anything wrong with an ice rink?" Questioned Jenny.
"Not the ice itself. It's just so full of muggles" replied Jack.
Jenny looked uncomfortable and turned away from Jack.
"I'm sorry, I know you don't like me talking about muggles and mud-bloods" apologised Jack.
"No I don't"
"I don't understand why it bothers you so much. You're a pure-blood"
"How do you know? I've never told you"
"I can tell"
"I see"
"Can we talk about something else?"
"Fine by me".

The pair began to watch the muggle ice skaters in silence. Jack laughed when a small child slipped over on the ice, and Jenny glared at him.
"What? You have to admit that was funny" giggled Jack.
"You're laughing at a poor muggle child hurting themselves" snapped Jenny.
"I'm not laughing at them because they're muggles. I would have laughed if a young witch or wizard had fallen over as well. Watching anyone fall over is funny, and you can't deny it" explained Jack.
"I suppose you're right"
"I am. Look, I bet that man showing off will fall over next" said Jack pointing at a middle aged man, who was trying to impress a girl by skating backwards.

"You're probably right" admitted Jenny.
They watched the man, who continued to skate backwards, get faster and faster. He looked like a professional, but then suddenly he fell flat on his arse.
Jenny turned to Jack, who had his wand poking out of his coat. She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.
"What?" Asked Jack.
Jenny shook her head and looked back at the ice rink. The man was unharmed, and he got back up with ease.
A young man caught Jenny's eye. He kept trying to put his arms around a young girl, and she kept trying to escape. It looked like a game, but the girl didn't appear to be enjoying it.
Jenny removed her wand and pointed it at the young man. As he leaned towards the girl once again, Jenny waved her wand, and the man tripped up. He then hit his face on the side of the ice rink, and fell onto his stomach and winded himself.

Jenny smiled as the ice skating team escorted the young man off the ice. The young girl joined her friends, and looked much happier as she continued to skate around.
"Do you want to have a go?" Asked Jack, gesturing to the ice rink.
"What do you mean?" Jenny questioned.
"Do you want to have a skate?"
"We haven't got tickets".
Jack twirled his wand around in front of Jenny, and smiled sneakily.
"Go on then" said Jenny.
Jack took hold of Jenny's hand and lifted her off the bench.

The two of them made their way down to the enterance of the ice rink, walking hand in hand. Once they reached the enterance they walked over to the desk, where the muggle receptionist was sitting.
"Tickets please" said the man.
Jack raised his arm, with his wand poking out of his sleeve, and pointed it at the man.
"Imperio" muttered Jack.
A blank expression appeared on the man's face, as he gestured Jack and Jenny towards the skate hire place, at the side of the reception.
Jack placed his arm around Jenny's shoulders, but Jenny was uneasy.

"That's an Unforgivable Curse" whispered Jenny.
"How did you think I was going to do it?" Questioned Jack.
Jenny shrugged.
"I don't know. But I didn't think you would use an illegal spell".
"Just forget about it. I want you to have a good time tonight"
"Fine. It was the better of the three Unforgivable spells I suppose. But don't expect me to be so leniant if you torture or kill anyone in front of me. I have personal experience with the Cruciatus curse, and therefore hate that particular spell".
Jack raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything.

Once on the ice, Jenny began to relax, and forget her troubles. Having never skated before, Jack was a little nervous, but he managed to get the hang of it after a while.
"See. You're a natural" said Jenny smiling.
"Don't make me laugh. I need to focus" replied Jack.
Jenny giggled, but didn't let go of Jack's hand.
"Do you think it's dangerous? Us appearing in public like this?" Asked Jenny.
"We're in the middle of nowhere on an ice rink. Who is going to see us, it's not like we're being followed" replied Jack.
Jenny smiled, but her smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

She hadn't told Jack her real name, as far as he knew, she was called Ash. If he knew that she was Jennifer Potter, things would be very different.
Jenny wanted to tell Jack the truth, but was scared of how he would react.
As she was a menace in the Death Eater's eyes, and she knew that Voldemort and his followers were after her. She was on his kill list. And she didn't know how long she could keep the truth from Jack.
It also didn't help, that her nephew Harry, was the most wanted wizard in the entire world. The Death Eaters would do anything to be the one to hand him in to Voldemort, and that included using Jenny as bait to get to him.