Trust

Jenny sat on the bed in her apartment, with Jack at her side. He sat with his arm around her shoulders, as they watched the snow fall, outside the window.
"Snow's nice. But on a cold December day like this, I'm glad I'm inside" said Jenny.
"Hmm" muttered Jack.
"What's troubling you?" Questioned Jenny.
"Nothing"
"Come on, spit it out"
"I was just thinking about Christmas"
"What about Chiristmas?"
"I was wondering if you had plans?".

Jenny bit her lip. She didn't want to reveal too much information, by mentioning that she was going to spend Christmas with her nephew. She didn't want Jack to work out who she really was.
"Well I've already been invited somewhere over Christmas" said Jenny awkwardly.
"With your family?" Asked Jack.
Jenny nodded.
"I see. Never mind" Jack muttered.
"Well I couldn't exactly go around to yours, and hang out with all your Death Eater family and friends, could I?" replied Jenny.

Jack withdrew his arm, and looked uncomfortable.
"I'd love for you to meet them one day" he admitted.
"Your parents?" Questioned Jenny.
Jack shook his head.
"No. My parents are dead. But I have cousins, and good friends, and I know that they would love you, just as I do".
"I'm sorry. My parents are dead too. But I still don't see a world where I could meet your friends, and you could meet mine. We are on opposite sides of the war. Our friends could never get along. They would try and kill each other, and we would get caught in the crossfire"
"We wouldn't have to tell them that you are one of the Order of the Phoenix"
"I'm pretty sure that as soon as they saw me, they would recognise me"
"I'm sure they wouldn't. I've never heard your name mentioned before Ash. I'm pretty sure that you are completely unknown by my friends".

Jenny looked away.
"What's wrong?" Jack asked worriedly.
"Nothing. I'm fine" replied Jenny.
"What's the matter Ash?"
"I need to tell you something"
"What?"
"Ash isn't my real name. It's my code name. It's what my friends used to call me"
Jack sighed.
"Then what's your real name" he questioned.
"I can't tell you. If you knew my real name, then we couldn't be together"
"I thought you had begun to trust me"
"It's hard to completely trust someone, who spends a lot of time socialising with your enemies".

"I understand that" replied Jack, sighing sadly.
The silence was broken by a squak from Jenny's owl in the other room. Jack laughed, and even Jenny cracked a smile.
"What's your owl called again?" Jack asked.
"Jay" Jenny answered.
"That's a nice name"
"He was a Christmas present from my friends last year"
"That was kind of them. Will you see them over Christmas this year?".
Jenny shook her head.
"Why?" Jack questioned.

Jenny looked into his eyes, as a single tear rolled down her cheek. She didn't like to think of Sirius, as it brought back too many painful memories.
"Ah. I'm sorry" mumbled Jack.
"It's fine. I'm over it" replied Jenny, as she wiped the tear away.
"It's O.K. You have me now, and I never want you to be sad or alone, ever again".
Jenny laughed.
"Really?".
"Really" replied Jack.

Jack stroked Jenny's cheek, and pressed his lips against hers. She kissed him back, and he pulled her towards him. Their hands carrressed each others shoulders and backs, as they kissed passionetly.
Jack moved his hands down to Jenny's chest, and she stopped him.
"Wait Jack"
"I'm sorry. If you think it's too early in our relationship then-"
"It's not that. I want to. It's just, that I'm a..."
"Really? At your age".
Jenny playfully slapped Jack's arm and gave him a reproachful glare.
Jack moved a stray hair off of Jenny's face.
"Don't worry, we'll go slow" he muttered passionetly.
Jenny nodded, and accepted his kiss as it reached her neck, and his lips made their way down her body.

When Jenny woke up, she was laying in Jack's arms, staring up at his face.
"Hey there beautiful" whispered Jack.
"Did you not go to sleep?" Questioned Jenny.
"I couldn't bare to take my eyes of you"
"So cliche".
Jack laughed and kissed Jenny's forhead.
"Did you enjoy that Ash?" He asked.
Jenny nodded and took a deep breath, refusing to hide herself a moment longer. "Jenny. My name is Jenny" she whispered.
Jack pushed himself up, and looked down at her, frowning.
"Jenny? Jenny Potter" he questioned.
Jenny pushed herself up, so that she could look into his eyes.
"Yes".

Jack turned away from her, and flipped his bare legs over the side of the bed. Jenny shuffled over to him, and placed her hands on his shoulders, but he shook her off.
"Say something Jack" she begged.
Jack stood up and faced her. His expression was unreadable.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He questioned.
"What was I supposed to say Jack? I couldn't just say, oh yeah, by the way, my name is Jennifer Potter. And Harry Potter is my nephew, the one person your master wants most in the whole world. And your master also killed my brother and his wife, in their home. Oh yeah, and the fact that you are also a part of the same group of people who tortured me into insanity, and caused me to spend 15 years, lying in a bed in St Mungos, should bother me more than it does. But I don't care because I love you. I know that your friends would love to use me as bait, to convince Harry to come and rescue me. Just like they did with Sirius, my best friend in the whole world. I watched him die Jack. He was right in front of me, when Bellatrix murdered him. How could I tell you all that Jack? I love you, and I didn't want to lose you".

Jack didn't say anything, he just stared at Jenny in silence. He reached for his wand, which sat on the bedside table, and Jenny thought he was going to attack her. But he didn't. He just pointed to his clothes, which lay on top of the bed, and summoned them to him, so that he could get dressed.
"Say something Jack. Please" Jenny begged again.
"I need time to think" replied Jack, once he had finished getting dressed.

Jack opened the door of the apartment and left with another word, leaving Jenny alone. After a few stunned moments, Jenny began to pack up everything she had with her. She couldn't dare use the apartment again, in case Jack came back, with an army of Death Eaters.
Once she had convinced Jay to get into his cage, she picked up her suitcase and left the room. Apparating back home, as soon as she arrived on the street outside.