An early goodbye

Jenny decided that Harry could do without her for a few minutes, so she decided to follow Draco Malfoy. She had to be careful though, as Draco had seen her squirrel form before, and might recognise her. But she decided it was still safer than turning back into her human form.
Draco left Knockturn Alley and joined his mother who was standing outside the apothecary.
"Where have you been?" Asked Narcissa.
"Nowhere" replied Draco smugly.
"Well wherever it was, don't let anyone see you. While your father is prison, we have to be careful" said Narcissa.

Draco nodded.
"I know mother".
"I have collected your potion ingredients for you" replied Narcissa.
"Thank you. I still need to go inside though, I have something important to buy".
Narcissa grabbed hold of Draco's arm to stop him going any further. She whispered into his ear, and Jenny had to get closer to hear what she was saying. But she only caught the end of the sentence.
"...you won't get something like that in there Draco" she said quietly.

Draco jerked his arm away from his mother. "I know exactly what I'm doing mother. It is my job and you should stay out of it" he snapped.
Narcissa's eyes flicked to Draco's left arm, and then back to his face.
"Fine. If you think poison is the right way to go, then do it" she whispered.
Draco smiled and pushed past his mother, making his way inside the apothecary.

Narcissa turned her back to the shop, and Jenny began to make her way down the drainpipe, so that she could look into the shop, to see what Draco was up to. The window was foggy, and Jenny struggled to see through it. But she managed to make out Draco, who was standing at the back of the room.
"You".
Jenny turned around and saw Narcissa coming towards her, looking angry. Jenny suddenly realised how vulnerable she was, as she couldn't use her wand to fight back. She would have to use her size, and animal instincts to save her.

Jenny looked over the drainpipe and dashed over to it. Choosing flight over fight. Narcissa took out her wand and prepared to cast a spell.
The door to the apothecary opened and Draco stepped out with a frown on his face. He looked at his mother, and turned to see what she was staring at.
By now Jenny was nearly at the top of the roof, and close to escaping.
"Is that Potter's squirrel, the one that attacked you?" Draco asked his mother.
Narcissa didn't answer, instead she fired a spell up at Jenny, that missed her by inches. Once Jenny was out of sight Narcissa swore.
"Come Draco. Let's go" she said, placing her arm around his shoulders.

Jenny stood with her back to the roof, panting heavily. Once she could no longer hear the Malfoy's, she decided it was safe to come out of her hiding place. Jenny began to make her way back to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, at a fast pace.
Once she approached the shop, she saw Harry and the Weasley's waiting for her. She changed back into her human form once her feet touched the ground, and she made her way over to the group.
"Where have you been?" Asked Harry loudly.

Jenny raised an eyebrow at Harry, as he too had left the safety of the shop to persue a Malfoy. But she decided not to mention it, instead she turned her attention to Mr Weasley.
"My apologies Sir. I saw some illigal activity taking place, and I needed to check it out. Sorry for not alerting you before I left" explained Jenny, curbing the truth slightly.
"Well you're here now. So lets just get going" replied Mr Weasley.
Jenny nodded, and the group made their way back to the Ministry car that was waiting to take them all back to the Burrow.

Once they returned to the Burrow, Harry cornered his aunt, demanding to know what she had been up to.
"Where did you go?" He asked.
"What I get up to is none of your business Harry. And you shouldn't take that tone with me. Not when you were the one to sneak out of the joke shop first" replied Jenny.
"You followed me?"
"Maybe"
"Then why did you take so long to get back?"
"That is Order business. And you are not a part of the Order of the Phoenix are you Harry".

Harry rolled his eyes.
"Oi. Only minutes after I tell you to be careful, you decide to sneak out of a safe place, without telling anyone where you are going. I should be disciplining you for disobaying me" snapped Jenny.
Harry raised his hands.
"I'm sorry O.K. I wanted to know what Draco was up to, so I followed him".
Jenny bit her lip.
"I understand. But Harry, I need you to be careful this year. Promise me Harry. No more sneaking out of Hogwarts, or snooping around the school grounds. It's not safe".

"Sure. Wait hang on. Why are you speaking like I'm not going to see you again, school doesn't start for another week or so?" Questioned Harry.
Jenny avoided eye contact with Harry.
"You won't. I mean, I won't see you before you go back to Hogwarts. This is goodbye, for now at least" she revealed.
"Why?"
"I have a job to do. I'm supposed to track down an escaped Death Eater. Information tells us that he was one of the people alongside Malfoy, who tortured me. So I have a personal reason for wanting to track him down".

"I see. I wanted... I mean I hoped that you would be at Kings Cross to say goodbye" admitted Harry quietly.
"I know Harry. But I'm sorry. These are dangerous times, we are currently at war. But once this is all over, we'll be a proper family, I promise" insisted Jenny.
"Sirius said something similar. Now he's dead"
"I'm not Sirius".
Harry threw his arms around Jenny and hugged her tightly.
"I'm scared for you" he whispered.

"I thought we were just going to be friends" replied Jenny, as she withdrew from the embrace.
Harry didn't say anything.
"That idea was never going to work was it" she continued.
Harry shook his head and Jenny smiled.
"Listen Harry, I promise that I will be careful. But I need you to promise the same thing, O.K" said Jenny.
"I promise" Harry replied.
"Goodbye Harry"
"Goodbye Jenny. You be careful".
Jenny nodded and began to walk away, making her way out of the Burrow. She looked back to the front door and saw Harry standing there. She waved at him and dissapparated.