Careful what you wish for

Voldemort slid off his chair and began to walk towards Jenny. The Death Eaters by her side took a step back. There was no need to restrain her, she wasn't going anway this time.
"Welcome, dear Jennifer" he sneered.
He flicked his hand and the bonds around Jenny dissappeared.
"You will not be escaping this time. As you can see I have taken no chances. I sent several of my best followers after you. They've been searching for you for weeks, I was starting to think that you never left your house. And I was beginning to think that they would never find you..."
"What do you want from me?" Interupted Jenny.

"Are you going to kill me?" She asked, eyeing the snake on the floor warily.
Voldemort brought his hands together dramatically. "Of course not. I wouldn't have spent so long trying to hunt you down, and have you brought here unharmed, just to kill you".
"I'm not unharmed" spat Jenny.
"Yes, well Jugson may have gone a bit over board. It's only fair. You hurt him, he wanted revenge" replied Voldemort.
He raised his wand, and Jenny thought he was going to hurt her. Instead he pointed it at Jenny's bleeding nose, and mended it.

His actions surprised Jenny.
"I am not a barbarian Miss Potter" explained Voldemort.
"Maybe not. But you are a murderer" replied Jenny angrily.
"Very true"
"Let me guess. I'm here because you want to try and recruit me again. Well I'm sorry to dissapoint you again. But I will never join you"
Voldemort smiled creepily, but Jenny refused to look away.
"Brave speech Miss Potter. But in time, anyone can be turned"
"Not me. You murdered my brother. And that, I can never forgive"
"I do not seek your forgiveness. But I offer you a new family. Join me, and you will never be alone again"
"I have a family"
"Really? As far as I can tell you have one nephew, who you don't particulaly like. Nothing more. Your parents are dead. Your brother is dead. Your best friend Black is dead. And you will never have children of your own, will you".

Jenny gasped. "How did you ..."
"I am the most powerful person in the world. It was easy for me to find your file at St Mungos, and find out everything about you" interupted Voldemort.
Jenny opened her mouth, by words seemed to fail her. She hadn't told anyone her secret, but Voldemort already knew it.
"Your parents betrayed your trust. They took your future from you, without your permission"
"I'm not angry with them, I..."
'I think you are. There is no point trying to hide it from the Dark Lord".
Jenny lowered her head and stared at the floor.

"You think it makes you less of a person, being unable to bare children. There is no need to feel ashamed. I can't see why anyone would want children anyway." Said Voldemort.
"You know nothing" spat Jenny.
"I think I know more about your life than you think"
"Oh yeah?"
"Yes. I know that your brother left you alone, when he married that mud-blood. I know that you blame Mr Potter for your friend Black's death. And I know that your parents betrayed your trust. So you see, I know a lot about you, and I don't think that you care that much for your family afterall".

"I..." Jenny faltered, as she didn't know what to say.
"Are you going to try and deny your feelings?" Questioned Voldemort.
"I may have felt those things once, but not anymore. I would never do anything to hurt my family"
"I think that you want revenge, more than you care about your families safety"
"Yes I want revenge. I want revenge against you".
Voldemort smiled again.
"Are you sure it's me you're angry at? I want to introduce you to an old friend of yours. Let's if he can change your mind about me".

Jenny was confused. Her Death Eater friend, Jack Gibbon, was dead. And she didn't have any other friends who followed the Dark Lord.
Voldemort pointed his wand at the door, throwing it open, and a hunched figure with a silver right hand, walked in tentitively.
It was Wormtail.
Jenny tightened her fists into a ball, to help hold in her anger
"I believe you knew each other quite well many years ago. This is the man who betrayed your brother and caused his death. He also told us where to find you that night, when you were tortured all those years ago. So you see, I think you are angry at him more than you are at me" said Voldemort.
He stepped to the side, allowing Jenny to stand directly opposite the traitor. She couldn't hold it in any longer.

Jenny didn't care that she was unarmed, she still had her fists, so she ran at Wormtail and knocked him to the ground. She began screaming at him and punching his body.
He raised his hands to cover his face, but he he didn't fight back.
She kicked and punched with all her might. She hated him, and in that moment, she wanted to cause him as much pain as he had caused her.
Eventually two Death Eaters pulled her off Wormtail, but she tried to fight them. She had to get back to him. Jenny needed to hurt him.

Voldemort took her wand from Jugson and placed it on the floor in front of her.
"Let her go" he ordered.
The men let her go, but she didn't run forward. Instead she stared at her wand, it was less than a metre away from her. But could she really do it? Could she kill Peter Pettigrew, than man who had betrayed her family?
"Well go on. Take your wand. Strike down the man who took everything from you. He deserves it, you know he does. Why should he be alive, and James be dead?" taunted Voldemort.
He was right, thought Jenny. Wormtail deserved all the pain in the world. But did he deserve to die? Could she become a murderer?

Jenny realised what Voldemort wanted, and she refused to play his game.
"I won't do it" said Jenny, stepping away from her wand.
Voldemort frowned. "Are you sure? Remember what he put you through"
"I remember. But I won't become like you. I'm not a killer"
"I think all my Death Eaters that you have attacked over the last few years would disagree"
"That was different. That was life or death. And even then, I never used the Killing Curse. That is something I could never do".
Jenny thought back to what Harry had told her about James and Peter.

"I don't think that my dad would want you to become a murderer. Just for that piece of filth"

"Does he not deserve to die?" Questioned Voldemort.
"He doesn't deserve my kindness. Death would be an easy way out of his suffering. He should be forced to live with what he has done" replied Jenny.
Voldemort looked dissapointed as he summoned Jenny's wand into his hand.
"That's a shame" he muttered.
"Now that's done. Can you get this piece of filth away from me?" Asked Jenny as Wormtail got off the floor slowly.
"I'm afraid I can't do that. You see, you two will be spending a lot of time together while you are both here"
"What?"
"While you are here at Malfoy Manor, you will be learning the ways of the Death Eaters. You are a pure-blood after all. It's time you took your place alongside your people"
"I will never join you"
"I think you will change your mind in a few weeks".

Voldemort approached Jenny, and nodded at the Death Eaters behind her. They stepped forward and grabbed hold of her. Voldemort removed two metal circles from his robes and placed them around Jenny's wrists. He then beckoned Wormtail forward.
"Wormtail, why don't you do the honors?" Suggested Voldemort.
"My Lord..." stuttered Wormtail.
"I'm going to leave you in charge of her. You are old friends afterall. It makes sense" interupted Voldemort.
Wormtail nodded nervously and took the key that Voldemort was now holding. He then placed it into the keyhole on the metal band on Jenny's left wrist.
He turned the key round, causing Jenny to cry out in pain. Wormtail then removed the key and placed it into his pocket.

Jenny looked to Voldemort, for some kind of explanation.
"It seems that taking your wand away, simply isn't enough, for a good witch like yourself. We don't want another squirrel incident do we. You won't be able to transform into your Animagus form with these on. Or apparate. Or summon your house elf. You also won't be able to leave the Manor" he explained.
Jenny's confusion turned to horror as Voldemort began to leave.
"Is that it? You're just going to leave me?" She questioned.
Voldemort turned back to face.
"That's it. For now" he answered.

"You aren't going to ask me anything? Like where Harry is?" Questioned Jenny.
"Well, do you know where he is?" Quizzed Voldemort.
"No"
"Well there we have it. Even if you did know, you wouldn't tell me. And you have proven that the Cruciatus Curse has no affect on you. So there was no point in me asking... Take her to her room. And show her the kitchen on the way. Afterall, she will be spending a lot of time in there"
"I can't cook"
"I'm sure you will learn quickly. If not...".
He flicked his wand, making Jenny's metal bands send an electric shock through her body. Causing her to drop to the floor in pain.
"Goodnight Miss Potter" continued Voldemort, who then turned to leave, as Jenny was carried away, in the opposite direction.