Faith

Dumbledore was waiting for Harry, beside the oak front doors.
"I would like you to wear your cloak, please" instructed Dumbledore, once Harry arrived.
Harry threw the cloak over himself and followed Dumbledore down the stone steps, and out of Hogwarts.
"But what will people think when they see you leaving, Professor?" Asked Harry.
"That I am off into Hogsmeade for a drink. I sometimes offer Rosmerta my custom, or else I visit the Hog's Head... or appear to. It is  as good a way as any of disguising one's true destination" replied Dumbledore.

Just as they entered Hogsmeade, a figure began to run towards them, but mainly towards Dumbledore, as Harry was invisible.
"Jenny!" Harry muttered under his breath, when he recognised the person approaching them.
"Good Evening Miss Potter" said Dumbledore polietly.
"Dumbledore, just the man I wanted to see. I apparated straight here once I recieved a rather distressing letter from Harry" replied Jenny, panting.
"Really, you wished to see me?"
"Yes. I need to speak to you at once, regarding Severus Snape"
"I see. Harry, wait here"
"Harry's here?".

Harry removed the cloak and hugged his aunt.
"Young Harry and I were just off out" explained Dumbledore.
"I see. Well I need to speak with you urgently Dumbledore" replied Jenny.
"Very well. Harry, wait here, under the cloak, while I talk with your aunt".
Harry sighed, but agreed to wait under the cloak while they spoke.
Dumbledore took hold of Jenny's arm, and directed her a few feet away, where Harry couldn't evesdrop on their conversation.

"How can I help, Jennifer?" Dumbledore asked.
"Harry sent me an owl only moments ago. He says that Snape told Lord Voldemort to go after my brother and Lily Evans, so he is responsible for their deaths. Is this true Dumbledore?" questioned Jenny, angrily.
Dumbledore paused for a minute before replying.
"Snape did indeed overhear a prophecy, which ended up being about Harry, but he had no idea that it would lead to the deaths of your brother and his wife"
"Rubbish. Snape hated James, he would've done anything to get rid of him"
'It is true that the pair did hate one another. But Snape had once been friends with Lily, so he would never have wanted to do anything that would hurt her"
"James told me that Snape had once fancied Lily"
"I cannot confirm or deny this. But I can tell you, that Severus telling Lord Voldemort about the prophecy is his biggest regret".

Jenny folded her arms, not convinced by Dumbledore's excuses for Snape.
"It doesn't matter that he regrets it afterwards. His actions killed my brother, and you let him teach at a school, endangering my nephew, and countless other kids. Alice and Frank's son, Neville Longbottom is apparently terrified of the man. And you let him get away with it" she snapped.
"Are you suggesting that I do not take the safety of my students seriously? Or that I would let a teacher harm one of my students?" Questioned Dumbledore.
"I don't mean to disrespect you sir. But you can't protect everyone all the time. Harry still has scars on the back of his hand from his detentions with Umbridge. And he told me that Snape has made his life a misery, ever since his very first lesson, all because Snape hated James"
"I don't deny that Snape may have been unpleasant to Harry at times, but he would never do anything to harm him"

Jenny scoffed.
"You don't believe me?" Asked Dumbledore.
"I'm afraid not sir. I just can't trust Snape. Sirius told me that he got Remus fired, by telling the world that he's a werewolf. He as also tried to get Harry expelled on several occassions. I'm not saying that Harry is a model student. But Snape's behaviour towards him has been unacceptable" Jenny admitted.
"I see that you have picked up the same prejudice as your brother and Sirius. You hated Snape before you even met him, so in fairness, you never gave him a chance"
"I'll tell you what's not fair, is his treatment of Harry".

"Jennifer-" started Dumbledore.
"No. You let a Death Eater teach at a school. This year, you even gave him the post of defense against the dark arts teacher. To me, that sounds like a terrible idea" interupted Jenny.
"Severus Snape may have been a Death Eater. But did you know that it was this very act that turned him over to our side. He even warned us that Voldemort was after your brother and baby Harry. He gave us a warning, and we managed to put them into hiding. It is not Severus's fault, your brother was betrayed by another, a friend"
"Peter".

"Yes. Jenniffer. Peter Pettigrew betrayed your brother, leading to his and Lily's deaths... Do you trust me?" Questioned Dumbledore.
"Yes sir. But I cannot see things from your point of view on this particular topic Proffessor. Snape is evil" stated Jenny.
"Well then, I need you to do this for me. I don't need you to like Severus, or become close friends with him. I just need to to trust him, because I do"
"You want me to trust a man, on your say-so?".

Jenny took a deep breath.
"Fine. I have faith in you Dumbledore. So I will trust Snape, but only because you need me to".
"Good. No matter what happens, you must trust Snape. Everything Severus does, has been ordered by me" replied Dumbledore.
"Everything?" Questioned Jenny.
"Everything"
"Fine, whatever. I trust Snape. There, I said it"
"Good. Now, me and Mr Potter are off on a short trip"
"You're taking him out of school? Why? What are you doing? Is it safe? Can I come?".

Dumbledore chuckled.
"I'm afraid you cannot come Jennifer. But if you want to talk to Harry, then you can speak to him when we get back".
"You want me to just wait here for you? But you could be gone hours" replied Jenny.
"Why don't you wait in Hogwarts? You could be a part of tonights protection group. I believe Remus, Tonks, and Bill are on duty tonight. You can join them if you wish, while you wait for us"
"Yeah, O.K. Why not".

They made their way back to where Harry had been waiting patiently. He removed his cloak, and hugged his aunt goodbye.
"Stay safe Harry" Jenny whispered.
"I'll be fine, I'll be with Dumbledore" replied Harry.
Jenny let go of Harry and watched him become invisible once again, using her brothers cloak.
She watched Dumbledore and Harry make their way through Hogsmeade, waiting for them to disapparate. Eventually they stopped just outside the Hog's Head. Harry took hold of Dumbledore's good arm, and they dissapparated.