02 : Accepting It

I press the call button for Remy's apartment and pull on the belt of my jacket

I press the call button for Remy's apartment and pull on the belt of my jacket. "Come on up, babe," his voice sounds directly before the annoying buzz. I push the door open and make my way inside.

My heels click against the porcelain floors of the lobby as I walk to the elevator. I press the button and glance at my reflection in the mirrored doors to check my face. My eyeliner and mascara are still in place, as well as my lips. This shade of mahogany works well with my newly paled complexion. Moving from one desert to another, I expected to keep my tan, but no such luck. Now, I have plain, pale skin, plain, brown hair, and plain, gray eyes. I look so fucking average until I'm naked.

The doors open, interrupting my moment of self-deprecation. I walk inside and press the button for the penthouse, not quite knowing what to expect when I get there. Remy is a kinky sonofabi-- no, that's not nice, she's wonderful. What I mean is that he's into a lot of things that would make his tiny, Catholic mother have a conniption. I really, really don't miss living with him.

When the elevator opens again, I see the door to the apartment is propped open. Inside, a few couples walk around with drinks in hand, perusing the artistic scenery in the minimalistic space. Moving a few steps towards the party, I take in the rest.

Two girls kiss on a couch near the entrance. A man gives head to another in a chair towards the back. Other women stroll around the space offering drinks and wearing black lingerie that contrasts the white floors and walls of the pristine penthouse. All of that is the hired entertainment. The rest of the people in the thin crowd are guests.

"Hey!" Remy greets me.

"Hey," I say back. He leans in and kisses my cheek. "Where do you need me?"

"I could use your help overseeing the bar if you don't mind."

"And for my little show?"

He grins. "We'll have you on the bed in the back," he points to an expensive-looking chaise sitting near the floor-to-ceiling windows, "after everyone is feeling warm and fuzzy." He steps behind me and starts tugs at the shoulders of my jacket.

I untie the waist and let him slide it from my arms. "Will you be leading the fun?"

He laughs. "No, it's not my type of kink tonight. I'll just be monitoring."

I shiver as my skin acclimates to the temperature of the apartment. "Do you not have a full-time ... sub thing, or whatever?"

"No, I'm between sub things right now," he mocks me jokingly. He folds my coat over his arm. "I've had a little problem with clingers lately. They take my perfect ten, but they don't seem to want to give it back," he humbly brags.

"You're disgusting," I tell him and he laughs. "And where is my little friend? Hopefully he's a little closer to an eight."

He chuckles. "There are a few selections on my bed. I'll give you the keys later and you can go fuck yourself," he says with a smirk. He thinks his jokes are funny.