13 : Misreading It

A/N: Long chapter, couldn't make up my mind, will edit later

_____

I haven't been this nervous in so long. Well, not since the last time I knocked on a man's door. When it swings open, my heartbeat races.

"Maggie! Welcome!" Deven says in his cute accent. My nerves calm a little with the warmth of his greeting. "Come in, come in," he gestures me inside.

His apartment is small like mine, but not as new and flashy. The living room fits only a single, weathered couch and low coffee table with pillows beside it. The rest of the space is overtaken with bookshelves filled to the brim with texts and other study materials. I shouldn't be surprised to see he doesn't own a TV. 

I'm nervous, which makes me excited. There are only two reasons boys have ever invited me over to their apartment: they want to fuck, or they're Remy. He may be tall and brown, but he's about one hundred pounds shy of ruining my day for the second time.

I follow him into the living room, fiddling with my bag and looking over the variety of subjects of his books.

"I'm so glad you came," he says as he makes a place for me on the little table. "I was hoping you would." He straightens back up and I watch his eyes scan over me as his beautiful lips spread into another smile.

"Yeah, me too."

He steps closer and runs a hand down my arm. When it lingers, my heart beats rapidly and my mouth goes dry. "Well ..." He drops his hand, leans down, and places a large, translucent box onto the little table. "Here are the bones," he says as he takes off the lid and sets it to the side. "It is usually best to go through each section of the textbook until you feel comfortable. After that, start taking them from the box randomly, guess, and check your work."

"Uh ..." This is not what I expected. "O-okay," I stutter with my surprise.

"Make yourself comfortable. I will be in the kitchen making tea if you need me," he says, his smile wide and gleaming against his perfect skin. "Good luck and have fun."

With that, he leaves me alone in the living room with the box. I take off my bag and settle onto one of the little pillows, feeling ... confused. Did he really invite me over just to study?

I turn and peek over the couch, finding him reaching for something in a cabinet. The end of his shirt pulls up, displaying his lower stomach. A thin line of hair peeks from above the edge of the pants sitting low on his hips, making me consider the happy things located just below. He turns around and my eyes lock onto his perfect ass.

Mmm ...

I catch myself licking my lips as I stare. He's just so sweet, so delicious, so tempting, so not taking my clothes off right now.

Dammit, I think as I sit back down with a huff. I pull out my phone and find zero notifications. I might actually have to study to distract myself from the ache between my thighs.