Bonus : Pinning It

"You need a new battery," Remy says as he closes the hood of my car

"You need a new battery," Remy says as he closes the hood of my car. He brushes the dirt off his hands. "Or a new car that isn't the color of a booger."

"They only made a few of these, it's technically a collectible."

"Sure it is," Remy laughs. "All of Sugar Daddy's money and you have no plans to gift yourself anything?"

The typical twinge of guilt hits me, but I ignore it. "A battery is much cheaper than a whole car. Sugar Daddy will have to keep paying my tuition for now."

"Fine," Remy grins. "Well, I can give you a jump, but you'll have to get another jump on campus when you leave," he says as he rolls down the sleeves of his dress shirt. "Or ... I'm showing a house in a few, but I should have the time. I can take you and pick you up."

I roll my eyes. "I'm sure that would thrill you."

Remy laughs. "It'll be like old times. Picking you up from school."

"We're just missing your brother."

"No, we're not," he jokes. "Get in."

I do as I'm told, willing to deal with his teasing for the few minutes it takes to get to campus.

The Range Rover has more space, but it isn't my favorite. Rolling around in something the price of a house reminds me of growing up. It's odd how much has changed. My family had two Range Rovers and a Ferrari. Remy had his mom's old Camry until he hit it big here. Now he rolls around in the big, shiny car he always wanted and I slum it in my neon so I can pay my mother's bills.

Life's a bitch, but sometimes it works out exactly the way it should. For some reason, the thought makes me smile.

"What's on your mind, kid?" Remy breaks me from my thoughts.

"Nothing."

He smirks. "Are you thinking about Sugar Daddy again?"

Yes, let's go with that. "You got me."

"I don't know what he does to you, and I don't want to know. But you got it bad, girl."

"No, I don't." His only response is a laugh. "I don't get the whole thing. In-calls were always base costs and tips. Daniel keeps trying to buy me things or offer to do things for me. It's like he forgot it's been three weeks and he pays me ridiculous sums of money."

"It's just his ego, Mags."

"What about it?"

"Male egos can be very fragile. So, in certain cases, weaker men start to feel threatened around strong women like yourself," he says. "The caveman part of our brains tells us we should be idolized for keeping our women, that we beat out all other men with our virility and strength. We are made to think that we are the all-powerful fixers with the sexual prowess to make you go blind."