14. business woman,

smut warning.
if you don't like smut, then don't read.

Jack Gilinsky~

My red dress skimmed the snow as I walked towards the venue in front of me. It was a large building, resembling the city hall in my opinion. There were a few colorful lights pointed up next to the entrance, but other than that it was plain jane. I sighed and held the dress tighter in my hands, keeping myself and everything on me safe from getting wet. One of my guards should have done it, and I would've made them if it wasn't New Years and they didn't bring their families. One of the men though, the one without kids and a real wife, was being the most helpful; opening my doors, giving me glasses of champagne, everything i wanted for tonight. He was definitely getting a little extra money for his efforts.

Once I stood at the door, where three big burly bodyguards quickly dropped their stern act. "Mrs. Portland, how wonderful of you to join us." Jonathan, my personal guard (the one without the real wife) stepped forward and looked the burley men in the eyes, standing tall with me. "Please," the men looked at Jonathan and the other men and guests i brought with me. "Come inside." I gave the man a bright smile and thanked him, shaking his hand firmly before walking away towards the door that was opening for me. Jonathan looked around the place, getting his eye of the territory. I pulled him away from that, taking his arm in mine as i slowly walked inside.

"Now, I am not looking for any trouble tonight; do you understand?" he nodded. "Anything out of the ordinary you see, come and get me. Dont alert anyone unless-" he cut me off with a brisk nodd.

"I understand Mrs. Portland." i smiled at him and turned back to his girlfriend who was pouting in my direction.

My hand patted his a few times, "have fun, Mr. Anderson." and then i released him from my grip, where he turned immediately and went back to his girl. I heard a whiny: 'I don't know why you're with me when she's so interested in you, Jon." it made me laugh each time i heard it. But again, with every whiny comment, Jon replied about the money he brought in doing this and how it was his job. It shut her up for a second each time.

We were halfway across the room when people started to notice me, coming to me and shaking my hand. Lots of 'i'm glad you could make it.' and 'it's a pleasure to see you.' were shared and that's what earned me my first glass of champagne. I was sitting at the bar, my legs crossed and my body turned out to the crowd, watching all the people dance like it was 1800's boston. It was hypnotising to watch, honestly, but i didn't feel like it was very fun to actually dance.

Someone approached from my left, a tall, younger man in a white suit. It was Eli Morgan, a long time banker from out west. "Miss. Portland, what a pleasure to see you!" he walked up and held out his hand politely. I smiled and took it, expecting a handshake but watching as he took it up to his lips. That brought his eyes down to the ring on my finger, my ring finger. His brows furrowed as he looked back up at me.

"Mr. Morgan, what a nice surprise."

he dropped my hand and took a step back. "Finally find a man, and you didn't even tell me." he gave me a bright smirk and shook his head playfully. It made me laugh.

He took a seat next to me, sliding the chair awfully close. "Tell me about your wife, Eli." he rolled his eyes and took a drink of what looked to be whiskey. "Yeah, that's what i thought. What goes on in my love life doesn't concern you, honey." i got up and took the last sip of my bubbly drink and set the glass down to Eli's.

He took my hand, resting his thumb on the ring. He opened his mouth to say something but i beat him to it with a bright smile. "Don't worry, love. I won't forget about you." and then i walked away, going across the room to where my brother was. He was standing there with his friends, all of them dressed in very fancy suits that matched. My brother Marcus was in front of me, with his best friend Jack Gilinsky to his right. Marcus' best friend and my friend as well.