20. Wild Card,

smut warning.
don't like smut? don't read.

Alcohol. Drugs. Sex. The three basics needed for a decent party. Where I come from, we smoke weed and trip on LSD, always having a good time while we drink.

I just preferred to get high. It was a lot more tolerable since it calms me down instead of making me blackout. Lots of bad decisions and countless hangovers made me convert. My friend, on the other hand, is the more outgoing, don't give a fuck, kind girl. She loved everything that would get her buzzed and she didn't care what happened while she was out.

That's how we started making out earlier and gained the attention of Roman, the last person I ever wanted to speak too. I avoided him and as I did, I tried to keep an eye on my best friend. But then she started looking pale and I knew what was coming. I sacrificed my favorite booby dress in order to get Mya to the bathroom before she puked on anyone. She mentioned her purse and needing something within it, which was somewhere where she's been partying. I resisted the urge to scold her and instead left her side to try and recover all of her assets. I checked every place she had been but saw no sign of her black leather bag.

I was a little panicked as I made a last-ditch effort and checked the basement. Instantly, the huge cloud of marijuana hit me first, and for a second, that's all I breathed and I felt a bit more buzzed. Then it faded and I descended into the stoner's den. My heels were loud and drew the attention of everyone sitting around. People I knew and some I didn't. I did watch as Roman smirked at me. "Nyx, what are you doing down here?" Sammy asked, obviously gone with the wind.

I sighed and looked around, trying to locate what I'd been searching for. "I'm just looking for Mya's purse. Have you seen it, Sam?" I was now just exhausted and not sure if she was even where I left her. Nate got up and walked over to where I was standing, handing me a beautifully decorated blunt. I accepted it and took a hit, passing it back to him so he could go away. Roman's eyes were burning into me, I could feel it.

"I saw a bag just over here," Roman said deviously. His eyebrow raised as he turned and entered a dark room. I scoffed under my breath and reluctantly started on a path toward the room. As I entered, Roman hummed. "You've been avoiding me all night. I don't think you know how rare it is to catch my attention." No, I didn't know. My eyes rolled as I stopped walking, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm not into your whole complex, Roman. Where's the bag?" I asked. He chuckled. I heard him step closer and then I smelled his cologne. He was getting closer and I wasn't feeling it. Sure he was handsome and misleadingly charming but his ego kills everything.

He held something in front of him, just illuminated by the light coming in from the window. Roman was smirking, his eyebrow just slightly raised. "Come on, Nyxon. You can't resist me forever. Eventually, I'll be able to wiggle under your skin and get exactly what I want: You." He was so smug as he said it. I reached for the purse, watching as he bit his lip and kept it just out of my grip. He looked so good and it sucked that he was such an asshole.

I pushed him against the wall and pressed myself against him, looking over his arrogantly handsome face with little emotion. I raised my hand to grab his collar and pull him down to me. Roman's arms slid around my waist as he leaned down to meet my touch. He dropped the bag at my feet, obviously more intrigued by my touch. I opened my mouth and brushed our lips together, just teasing him into what was to come. I sealed the gap and kissed him with somewhat imaginary lust, my hand pressing into his chest harder. As Roman's hand fell down to my ass and he was just getting into the kiss, I pulled myself away and licked my lips.

"Stay out of my way" I muttered as I grabbed the purse.

Sure Roman was one attractive man, but arrogant types never sit well with me. Sometimes they need their power stripped from them and Roman definitely needed someone to tame his ego. It turned out one night was all that was needed to tame him down.