Chapter 4

David's pov:
Another day of school.
I slumped out of bed and slipped on some jeans and a top. I walked into my kitchen and saw my sibling sat at the table eating breakfast.
David's mom: morning
David: morning
I grabbed an apple and headed back upstairs to finish getting ready.
I checked the time 8:09 I quickly grabbed my phone, keys and of course my hat and ran out the door shouting 'goodbye' to my parents.
I pulled up to school and saw Zane sat with heath and Scott, good they're friends again.
As I climbed out the car I saw lizas dark brown curls across the parking lot and smiled to myself. She turned to look at me and we made eye contact and smiled in return.
Toddy: what you looking at?
He came up behind me and punched me in the back breaking our gaze.
David: oh nothing
I turned and closed my car door, he looked over my shoulder
Toddy: were you looking at the koshy girl?
David: no! Are you seriously asking that?!
Todd: I guess it's a kind of stupid idea
He laughed to himself then waved at the other guys. We heard the bell ring in the distance so walked over to them and went into school together.

Lizas pov:

I saw David this morning. He was wearing his usual black outfit but he still looked as cute as ever.
What am I saying! I can't be falling for a Dobrik!
I took the last sip of the Frappuccino Gabbie had gotten me this morning and through the empty cup in the bin, she's good to me.

Time lapse

The school bell rang for lunch so I headed to go meet the girls in the cafeteria.
Erin: did you hear about the fight that's supposed to happen today
Corinna: oh yeah I heard all about
Carly: come on we all know who's gonna win
Liza: who's having a fight?
They were about to tell me when we hear on the other side of the cafeteria
All: fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
We all sat up and ran over to the crowd of people.
I managed to scramble y way to the front because I was small.
I saw Alex, David's best friend, and Kyle the big jock from our school.
Kyle: you shouldn't of fucking done that
He stepped up to him and started to shove Alex pushing him back
Alex punched him in the jaw and the fight got heated. Todd, Scott and David ran in and tried to pull Alex away.
I could hear Kristen behind me shouting.
Kristen: Scott! No! Get back
I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the front with me. I don't know what to do I'm scared David will get hurt.
The guys couldn't separate the two and the teachers couldn't get through the crowd.
Then everything turned slow motion in my eyes, I watched as David steeped to close and got punched round the face, he tumbled back I saw him feel his face and find a small cut below his eye. He looked at me and we made eye contact for a split second, then he walked up and punched Kyle right in the jaw knocking him onto the floor.
He shook his hand in pain as the teachers managed to finally get through and grab all the guys including David. The crowd dispersed and watched them all be taken down the hall.

David's pov:
We sat outside the principals office in chairs waiting for someone to say something.
The nurse had given me an ice pack for my hand and face but Alex was pretty bruised and probably had a black eye
Heath: dude, what did you even do to the guy
Alex: no clue
Scott: David the way you knocked him out, that was sick I didn't know you had it in you
He high fived me and we laughed.
The principal poked his head out the door
Principal: boys! You can come in now
We loooked at eachother as we got up and walked into his office.
Todd, Scott and heath got sent back to class but me and Alex had to stay because we were the ones 'fighting'
Principal: Alex you have 2 after school detentions one Thursday and one Friday, and David you have one on Friday.
We both groaned
Principal: get back to class and don't let me see you back here
We got up and walked back down the halls to our history class.

Lizas pov:

I sat in worry and waited for David to walk back through the door, I hope he isn't hurt to much. I didn't listen the whole lesson I just stared at the door and tapped my pen.
Carly: Liza! What are you looking at?
She shout whispered
I broke my focus of the door and turned to her
Liza: nothing just day dreaming
Carly: sureee...
She said sarcastically turning back to her work before the teacher saw her.
She is getting suspicious, I need to be wayyy more discreet when it come to me and David.
The door handle clicked and I swung my head round and it slowly edged open.
I saw Alex hide his bruised and cut face as he walked into the room, then I saw David trailing behind a cut on the side of his face and bruise all around it and ice pack on his hand.
I decided to message him

Me: are you okay? X
Dd❤️: yeah, just my hand and face hurt but I'll live X
Me: I wish you hadn't gotten so close to the fight Xx
Dd❤️: I had to protect Alex from getting seriously hurt X
Me: ik but It doesn't mean you had to X
Dd❤️: is Kristen okay I saw her shouting at Scott Xx
Me: she's fine she was just really worried about him, I was really worried about you Xx
Dd❤️: thanks for caring Liza, but I'm fine  Xx
Me: anytime David Xx

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and waited for the bell to ring.
It finally rung and I started to pack up my stuff when Carly walked up to me
Carly: who you texting this time?
Liza: no one I told you
Carly: come on! Who's the guy?
Liza: Carly honestly there is no guy
I looked over at David and he laughed to himself.
Carly: what you looking at?
I quickly moved my gaze back To her
Liza: oh nothing
I picked up my bag and hurried out the door and I could feel her scurrying after me.
A door swung open next to me knocking my bag out of my hand onto the floor and it started to spill open.
I reached down and started to pick it all up, then I saw a pale hand reach into the stuff and help me I looked up and met eyes with David
(Ik cliche)
That's when I knew I had fallen for him his brown eyes locked with mine. I missed his eyes.
We stood up at the same time and I slipped my bag on not breaking our gaze. I could feel all eyes on us watching.
I could feel whispers around us.
A Dobrik and a koshy in the hall not arguing but being nice to eachother was an extremely rare situation.
I broke our gaze and looked down
Liza: thanks I muttered before turning back around and walking over to Carly.
I could still feel eyes watching me I glanced back at David heath had approached him and they were talking.

Me: you shouldn't have helped me Xx
Dd❤️: I couldn't stop myself, sorry Xx
Me: thanks, but we could've been caught Xx
Dd❤️: won't happen again I promise Xx

I smiled down at my phone and glanced back at David again before walking to my next class.

David's pov:

Shit! I can't help it... I've fallen for her. Each time I looked into her eyes I fell a little more but this time I just fell all the way.
I knew everyone was watching us I could hear them all whispering but I didn't care. I let myself fall for her.

Time lapse

I walked out the doors with Scott and he saw Kristen and nudged me
Scott: I'm gonna go talk to Kristen come with?
David: sure
I sighed slightly
Great I'm about to become a third wheel.
He tapped her on the shoulder and she turned to him and her face lit up. She leaped into his arms
Kristen: you're okay!
She grabbed his face and kissed him.
Scott: of course im okay
I stood there silently and she looked at me
Kristen: is your face ok David?
David: yeah just a bruise and a small cut
She glanced next to her with an awkward look on her face.
I looked over and saw the long  dark curls I could recognise anywhere.
She turned and I saw her chocolate brown eyes embedded in her caramel skin and she smiled simply.
I felt Scott nudge me again
Scott: I didn't know she was here sorry
He whispered to me
David: it's fine
I stood there awkwardly waiting for Scotty, I wish I could talk to Liza but we couldn't let our friend ship out.
Scott finally said good bye to Kristen and as we walked away Liza brushed past me touching my hands.
As me and Scotty walked down to Starbucks I started fiddling with something in my pocket I took the paper out and it read
'Pick me up tonight, 12:00pm?'
I smiled knowing it was from Liza
Scott: who's that from?
I quickly slipped the paper back in my pocket
David: huh?
Scott: you really think I'm that stupid, I'm not blind. Who is the note from?
David: uhh... no idea just felt it in my pocket now
Scott: who do you think it could be from then?
He had a suspicious look in his eyes.
David: not a clue