Now Robots Can Sense Emotions

Technology is rapidly advancing and getting smarter which can now create robots capable of reading human emotions even it is not depicted on the face. Through radio waves, it can sense heart rate, breathing, blood pressure, and sweat that lie detectors also are looking for from polygraph, which gives us no chance to deceive the lie-detecting robots. In getting the information, the robot uses EQ-radio to bounce radio waves off a person and analyze the waves affected by the rising and falling of a person's chest or vibration of a pulse. The received information helps robots measure the heartbeats and breaths, and can notice if it speeds up or slows down. While in determining the expression drawn on a human face, the captured image is matched with a stored data, composed of the 6 basic emotions (anger, happy, sad, disgust, fear, and surprise) plus the complicated combinations of expression like angry happy.

Robots reading emotions seems creepy but actually improves medical science. Perhaps, one day these will replace therapists, guidance counselors, or your significant other who cannot comprehend your moody attitude and be one of your trusted friends. And probably in the future when they get the trust from us, gullible humans these robots might start planning on human slavery and world domination.