Chapter Two

After Sal left, I cleaned up the rest of the leftover pizza I had and stuck it into the fridge. Afterward, I headed upstairs to my room. I heard the pitter-patter of Speckles' feet behind me, so I knew she was following me. To be sneaky, I turned into my bathroom sharply and hid behind the wall. I listened to her steps and waited for the perfect timing. When she came near, I covered my mouth so she wouldn't hear my breathing.

As I stood there waiting, suddenly her walking stopped. There was silence for a few seconds, then she started to bark. It went quiet again. Her feet then started up again against the wooden floor. She drew nearer and nearer until...

"AH!"

"OH MY GOD!"

Reality check, don't think my dog can speak. I realized instead of scaring my dog, I scared a man. Not just any man though.

"What the hell Brian?! What are you doing here?" I asked, irritated.

"I came to stop by and say hi. But obviously you were too busy and scared the shit out of me!" Brian, aka Q, started, clutching his heart.

I rolled my eyes and looked down.

"Shoes." I pointed.

Brian stood up straight and looked down. "You're just as bad as Sal, aren't you?"

"Yup. Now take them off." I sassed walking to my bedroom.

>><<

"Why are you here?" I asked not looking up from my laptop.

"I just wanted to hang out and see what my friend was doing." Brian explained.

"Yes, because all friends sneak into their houses without any warning. Also, I'm pretty sure friends don't invite themselves in without warn-"

"Okay, okay. I get it. I didn't text you before hand, I'm sorry." Brian apologized.

I rolled my eyes and scrolled through my blog, blogging about stuff and re-blogging stuff I liked. Brian sat awkwardly on my bed, petting Speckles' head.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, I slammed my hands on my desk and turned my chair aggressively to face Brian. This startled him, and Speckles (who started barking), and looked up at me. We made weird eye contact as I folded my arms across my chest.

"What do you want? For the third time." I asked annoyed.

"Do you really want to know?" Brian asked, continuing to pet Speckles.

"No! That's not why I asked!" I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Jeez, okay. Why are you such in a bad mood?" Brian asked, throwing his hands up in defense.

I threw my head back and took a deep long sigh. I rubbed my hands over my face, letting them drag. "It's been a long day. I hate my job."

"Why? You work as a cameraman for big musicals! What is there to not enjoy?" Brian asked.

I looked at him through my fingers. "What is there not to enjoy?" I repeated. He nodded. "What's not to enjoy is that people are pricks on set. They seem like such great people, but the sad part is, they're not! I feel bad for people who look up to them because they have no idea how these people are on a personal level. Also, people don't like me, they think I'm an outcast, and they give me a hell of a time on doing any shots. It's like 'you do this shot, no wait, this one, no wait, this one, actually...' It's annoying!"

"I'm sorry." Brian apologized.

I took another sigh. "It's fine. I can just quit and find a different job. But I don't know where else people would like to hire a cameraman."