Chapter Four

"What do you mean I'm fired? I just got a ticket for driving over the limit just because I was late to get here! You can't fire me!" I argued.

"I'm sorry Addison, but this has been the sixth time you came in for work late. I've given you multiple chances and yet you still don't make it back on time! I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to dismiss you. Pack your bags. Have a good day." My boss said.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, please! I beg of you! Give me one more shot, I promise-"

"Have a good day Ms. Spears."

I scoffed as my boss walked off. "Fine! It's not like I liked this job anyway! Everyone is just a stuck up prick who thinks they will make it big!"

Everyone shot glances at me. I huffed and walked out of the set, heading for my car. When I got in, I grabbed the steering wheel. My mind went blank. My whole body went blank. I stared out the window, not blinking, didn't even feel like I was breathing. I just stared. I stared so long that my eyes started to burn. When I came back to reality, I slowly turned the key and drove off. I didn't realize I was crying until I got home.

>><<

"I'm going to get you a sibling, how does that sound Speckles?" I asked.

I looked down at Speckles, who was sitting beside me, her tail wagging back and forth. Her tongue sticking out the side of her mouth as she panted. I gave a small side smirk and patted her on the head. I focused my gaze on the computer and scrolled through to see what adoption centers were open. I then needed to find someone who could keep an eye on Speckles when I got her a brother and or sister. I texted the first person on my contacts list.

Addison:
Hey Joe! Okay, I know you might be busy with the family and such. Buuut, can you do me a favor?

Joe:
No. No I cannot. Are you kidding me? I was relaxing on a nice evening! How could you bother me like this?!

Addison:
Okay! I'm sorry!! I'll ask someone else.

Joe:
Addison, seriously? Yes, I can do you a favor. What is it?

Addison:
Sorry, sarcasm is hard to read in text haha. Anyways, can you come over to keep an eye on Speckles? If not, I can drop her off if it's easier for you...?

Joe:
Yeah I can keep an eye on her. I can dog sit haha. Um, how well trained is Speckles? I can have you drop her off, but I don't want her attacking my dogs, or my daughter.

Addison:
Joe, are you kidding me? You've had her around you when Milana was just a newborn. I'm pretty sure Speckles will do fine around your dogs.

Joe:
Okay, just making sure. Oh and also, if she does attack my dogs, you're paying.

Addison:
Gotcha. See ya later Gatto.

Joe:
See ya.

"Speckles! Let's go on an adventure!" I said with a smile.

Speckles jumped onto me, setting her paws on my lap. I chuckled and pet her as she panted and wagged her tail happily.

"Okay, get down." I said, slowly pushing her off of me.

I since I was still in my work clothes-that I pretty much didn't need anymore, I decided to change. I put on a pair of jean shorts with a white top. I grabbed a yellow flannel and tied it around my waist. I threw on my hair into a messy bun and put on my white converse. I also put on a watch for accessories. I slipped my phone into my pocket and swung my purse of my shoulder. I called for Speckles, waiting for her by the door. When we got out, I headed to the car and opened the passenger door, waiting for Speckles to finish doing her business.