Chapter Thirty-Nine

New Years went by in a flash and we were already working again. It was already February and the freezing winter was forcing us to film indoors. Not enjoying any of it, I was set to be filming Inside Jokes with Casey while everyone else filmed the actual show. We have been picking people from the mall, asking them questions, and repeating the process. Not only are we doing that, but it has been announced that the Jokers movie is coming to play, along with another run for season eight. It has, so far, been a very busy new year, that's for sure.

With all of this, Sal and I haven't been able to spend a lot of time together. That means a lot of time for things other than being with each other. When we do get time though, something usually interrupts it. Since I have been setting out applications for higher paying jobs because, don't get me wrong, I love filming for Impractical Jokers, it's just I don't like the way it's being set up anymore. I enjoyed it in the beginning, and now I don't know if I want to stay. But anyways, since I've been applying for jobs, job interviews cut our dates short. I would kiss him goodbye and leave him to eat lunch/dinner by himself.

But through all of this, it was finally Valentine's Day weekend and Sal promised to take me out on a special date. With that, I had big news to tell him as well. I got ready by putting on a long white skirt and tucked in a nice flannel with it. I curled my hair, put on a little bit of makeup, and slipped on some white heels. I did my usual routine and headed out the door. Sal's car just parked in my driveway as I walked out. I climbed into the passenger side and greeted him with a kiss.

"Happy Valentine's Day." I said with a smile.

"Happy Valentine's Day sugar." Sal said before kissing me again.

We drove out of the driveway and headed to our destination. We pulled up in front of a nice restaurant watched people walk in before heading in ourselves. When we got in, Sal told the waitress our reservation name and she guided us to our seats. The atmosphere in the restaurant was quiet and relaxing. The lights were dimly lit and each table had a candle in the center of it. It was great.

"You look lovely this evening." Sal complimented with a smile.

"Thank you! You look good as well." I compliment back.

Sal smiled at me before looking into the menu. Our waiter came up and ordered our drinks before walking away. I chose what I wanted to eat and so did Sal. Our drinks came and the waiter took our orders. He walked away once again, leaning Sal and I to just look at each other and smile.

"How was your day so far?" I asked.

"Good! Brian spent the night so we got to hang out a little this morning before taking you out. It's all amazing! How about you?" Sal asked.

"Pretty good. Did my normal routines. Nothing special really." I replied with a shrug.

Sal nodded his head and smiled at me. I smiled back at him, feeling my gut flutter with butterflies. I saw Sal was wearing the watch I gave him, making me grab for my locket around my neck. I played with it, looking down at the table. It was getting quiet between us. We both had something in mind and we both knew it. We just didn't know when to say it or how.

"Sal" "Addison"

We chuckled. "You go first." I said

"No, you go first." Sal replied.

"No, go first. Mine is pretty big and can wait." I said with a small smirk.

Sal rolled his eyes and took a deep breath in. "My parents want to meet you pretty soon. So, next week, we are going out to see them." I think my face dropped because Sal's face became concerned. "What's wrong? Is-is that not okay?"