Chapter Nine

Recording day. More of, am I going to get the job? day. I woke up very early and took a shower. Since it would be my first day, I decided to dress a little over casual. I grabbed a pair of ripped jeans with a white shirt and a green jean jacket. I let my hair air dry and did little to no makeup. I put on a big, white watch so I wouldn't have to check my phone for the time. I headed downstairs and made some toast for breakfast. I fed the dogs and went to go brush my teeth. I grabbed my bag of belongings before throwing on my white sneakers and heading out the door. As if coincidence, Sal left his door the same time. He smiled at me and waved, I waved back.

"Where are you going?" Sal asked from across the road.

"Same place as you." I said putting my rays over my eyes.

Sal's eyes went wide. "You're going to set today?"

I gave an airy chuckle. "Yeah. I have to get a job some day or another."

"Why didn't you say so!" Sal chirped. "Ride with me! That'll let you not to have to spend money on gas."

I thought about it for a second. I mean, even though we hung out for the past three days, a ride to probably my new job wouldn't hurt, right? I shrugged and locked my car and started to head over to Sal's car. Sal smiled and entered the drivers seat and I got myself comfortable in the passengers seat.

"How has your morning been?" Sal asked backing up.

"Pretty good. Yourself?" I asked.

Sal took a deep sigh. "Pretty lonely actually." He winked at me.

I rolled my eyes behind my rays. "In your dreams, Vulcano."

>><<

I was introduced to the whole cast, the producers, and the executive producers. They told me what the show was and how everything was set. Pete McPartland, one of the executive producers, introduced me to many of the cameramen. They showed me where I would need to stand when recording and also to make sure the camera was hidden the best I could. Either standing behind a tree, in a tent, behind a bike, or hell, even in your hand. Just as long they don't notice the cameras or else it would be game over. They showed me the distance I needed to stay back on and where I could and couldn't go.

Trust me, it was a lot to take in.

Many of the crew were hiding wires to make sure it would connect to the back tents and all the monitors the boys would be looking at. I was told to take in the sights of what was all going on and ask questions if I wanted to. They also wanted me to take notes so if I did get the job, I knew what I would be getting myself into. As Pete was about to leave, he bent down and whispered in my ear.

"Watch out for Joe. He can be sneaky sometimes."

Before I could answer, he patted my shoulder and walked away. I raised an eyebrow in confusion and watched him walk. I let out an airy chuckle and walked away.

But I finally got the full understanding...

Half an hour later, I was standing watching one of the cameramen set things up. He pointed out what he was doing and showing me where they would hide wires. Along with that he showed me where they would be placing me and how they wanted me to stand to hide the camera. As I was listening and jotting things down, two hands grabbed my waist, making me scream and jump two feet in the air. I turned around to see Joe laughing. With my reaction, I gripped my notepad and slapped him with it.

"Ow, ow, okay, okay, stop!" Joe pleaded, lost in his laughter.

"Don't fuck with me Joe! Especially on my training day!" I snapped.

"C'mon! You have to get used to this! It's a good running joke around the crew. They know to keep their backs checked." Joe winked.

I rolled my eyes. "Please, let me train." I pleaded. "I need this job."

Joe gave a small smile and patted my shoulder. "Good luck."

I rolled my eyes once again before going back to what I was doing before.

>><<

"You ready?" Sal asked.

"Pretty nervous. Want to feel my sweaty palms?" I asked with a wide smile.

I moved my hands closer to Sal. Sal took a step back with a disgusted look on his face. "I'm good."

"You sure? It's something you're doing right now?" I asked, pointing to his forehead.

"Well, Ms. Smarty-pants, it's like, fucking, one hundred degrees out. I'm also wearing black. So yeah, I think I understand why I'm sweating." Sal sassed.

I rolled my eyes. I grabbed a towel and wiped my hands on it. I took a quick sip of water before I sent off to my grounding station. I grabbed the camera, gave Sal a quick bye and good luck, and walked off.

"Okay Addison, make sure the camera is as hidden as you can possibly get it. We don't want anyone pointing it out unless they're really observant." Pete said in my ear.

"Got it. So I can do whatever I want with this thing just to I can hide it?" I asked.

"Right on the dot." Pete replied.

I gave a small smirk and went back to where I was talking with Sal. I grabbed my towel and decided to wrap the camera in it. The only thing that was visible to me was the screen that I pulled out and the lens. With the idea, I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail and let the flies fall onto my sweaty face. I, tried, to secretly change my outfit to a sports bra and a pair of leggings. I slipped on a pair of sneakers I always pack into my bag. When I was all done, I walked back to my station with a smug smirk on my face.

"Wow, that's convincing." I heard James say in my ear.

"She actually looks like a runner through the park sidewalk." Brian added.

"Would you look at that?" I heard Pete whisper.

"Is the camera visible?" I asked. That was the only thing concerning me at the moment.

"What camera?" Joe asked.

I chuckled. "I'll take that as a no."

And Sal was up. All the cameras were rolling.

"Okay Sal, see that woman over there..."

>><<

"What time is it?" I asked reclining back into the car seat.

"Five fourteen. Why?" Sal asked.

"I'm so tired. And this pony tail is giving me a headache." I whined.

"Well take it off!" Sal stated.

I adjusted my head to the side. "Do it for me?"

Sal grabbed my hair tie and pulled it out slowly. I could feel my hairs thank me as my headache started slowly going away. He handed me back my ponytail which I thanked him for.

"Man, you guys really act like a couple." Brian said from the backseat. I jumped, forgetting that he was there.

"You fucking scared me." I said clutching my heart.

"He has that affect on people. Especially girls." Sal said.

Brian swung his hand up and slapped Sal hard on the cheek. Sal yelped in pain as he cupped his cheek.

"Why would you do that you bitch?" Sal yelled.

"Don't talk shit about me and you won't get slapped." Brian argued.

I just chuckled and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, Sal and Brian's talking became muffled and I was asleep.