Chapter Twenty

After a few days, I finally got better, mentally and physically. Though I was feeling better, it didn't mean that I was one hundred percent better. And with that, my sick days went by and I had to get back to work. It was a slow Monday morning. I didn't bother packing myself a bag of extras today, so I just went with a comfortable outfit. I wore my sweatpants that looked like jeans, a plain black shirt with a jean jacket. My hair was tied into a messy bun as I didn't bother to put my contacts in either, leaving me with my glasses. I threw on a pair of socks and just decided to wear my sliders to work. I fed the dogs, gave them kisses goodbye, grabbed my bag, my phone, and my keys and I was off. I stopped by a local café to grab a coffee and a classic bagel. When I got into set, everyone was as tired as I was.

"One of those days, huh?" I said to Chà as she walked up to me with my gear.

She nodded at me. "I don't think anyone wants to be here to be honest. Don't get me wrong, we all love filming for the show, but man, there are just some days that are just drag on, like this Monday morning." Chà said to me.

I nodded my head in agreement. "We all just need an extra long nap."

Chà's eyes widened. "Agreed."

Pete instructed me where to go today. Since we were working in a grocery area, I have to play 'video game' with the camera's today. But before I sat in my spot, I decided I wanted to talk to Sal. I hadn't seen him in three days, and last I seen him he ran out of my house crying. I looked all around before I bumping into James in the hallway.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I apologized, picking up his papers.

"It's fine." James replied bluntly.

I handed James back his papers. I looked at him, but he didn't look at me. He avoided eye contact as much as possible already. It bothered me, but I didn't think about it too much. I was looking for Sal.

"Have you seen Sal?" I asked.

"Down the hall, first room on the right." James pointed to the direction of the room.

"Thanks." I replied.

I walked off as fast as I could. When I was walking down, I passed both Joe and Brian. Neither of them saying hi or morning to me, not even looking at me. It was strange. I hated it.

Soon enough, I made it to the room that James pointed out to me. I took a deep breath in and knocked on the door. A quiet 'come in' echoed from the other side of the room. I gently pushed open the door and entered. Sal looked up at me, then immediately looked down. I closed the door behind me then pulled up a chair in front of Sal. I sat.

"What are you doing here?" Sal asked, not looking at me.

I scoffed. "One, it's my job to be here. I have to film the same show as you. Two, we need to talk. This is just becoming a joke at this point."

Sal rolled his eyes and let out some air. "Can we talk about this later? Some other time? I'm not in the mood today."

"Okay. Thursday at Panera, one thirty. Meet me there and we'll talk." I said.

And before Sal could reply, I got up, put my chair back, and walked out of the room. I sat at my position to control the cameras and adjusted my gear. Brian was out first, so I made sure he was in frame. They must've not known that I was done with Sal because through my ear piece, I could hear them talk.

"So, what do you think is going to happen between Sal and Addison?" Joe asked.

I saw Brian shrug on my screen. "I wouldn't have a clue."

"Sal told me he doesn't know anymore." James said.

"When did you talk to him?" Brian asked.

"Last I talked to him was after you guys left his place last Saturday. He said that he's all mixed up and feels like a complete failure." James said. "Has Addison said anything on her part?"

"She keeps quiet. It's a touchy subject for her, and I can understand that. You shouldn't push someone into something if you don't feel comfortable!" Joe said.

"Joe's right. We should just leave them alone until they feel the need to sit down and talk to each other without running off." Brian said.

"And crying." James added in.

"Look," Joe butted in, "as much as I want to say that you guys understand the situation, you don't. And yes Brian, I understand you pretty much have been through the situation since your last engagement, but this is Sal and Addison we are talking about! Two close friends to all of us. Do you hear what you are saying? For fucks sake, we are on set! They can probably hear what we are saying! Do you know how much you are probably putting them through at this moment? Would you enjoy that?"

It went quiet. I watched as Brian walked around the isle he was in, pretending to be a normal customer like everyone else around him. I heard Sal walk in and ask if they started already, Joe answering no. Before they did anything though, I took my phone out and text Joe just two simple words...

Addison:
Thank you.